Page 5/6
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6

By -Neo-

Champion (372)

-Neo-'s picture

11-06-2016, 14:24

Looks very good and promising.

Quote:

And we're not showing everything, for example, the MSX screen has an active dashboard showing the current spaceship location on an area map.

I hope that screen is not needed to make it playable as I switch between MSX screen and GFX9000 screen on the same monitor.

Such a fine game deserves support for a better sound chip imho. My guess is that most GFX9000 owners also own an OPL4 cart and/or MSX-MUSIC.

If you buy the game cart, do you also receive a rom file of the game? I prefer not to swap carts and just run it from my MFR SD.

By fernandomanuel.garciagarcia

Master (175)

fernandomanuel.garciagarcia's picture

16-08-2016, 14:33

@nitrofurano
Thanks for the code. Actually we already thought of adding more scenes to the spaceship. It wasn't a priority at the time when the video was taken. It's now already added.

Sorry about the music, but our aim is to create a simple & classic shoot'em up for any MSX with 16KB RAM at least with just one add on... a v9990 VDP. We don't discard eventually to develop games with moonsound, fm ,scc ,etc.
From my personal point of view, I really like PSG music (what's wrong with that though?) and I ought to say the current music is outstanding showing PSG really rocks. Please give it a chance ... I am sure nobody is gonna feel disappointed about that.

@-Neo-
The primary MSX screen is not gonna be needed to finish and play properly the game. Actually it's just a way to exploit both VDP's regardless it costs very valuable cpu cicles per frame, but we are trying to squeeze our beloved Z80.
Game is probably gonna be just released as physical cart.

We are actually tweaking the game because it's development is nearly finished... but we are not in a hurry. We want to release a high quality product.
Thanks for your interest and comments guys.

Ah! I must mention that this game will be possible because many people helped us , but special mention to Antonio Javier Estrada Villegas (ASSEMBLER) and the OpenMSX Emulator (thanks opensMSX team guys, your emulator simply rocks!)

By valkyre

Champion (394)

valkyre's picture

16-08-2016, 17:17

This game will not disappoint! Stunning graphics, great game play and story line and the music is definitely psg at its very best.

By Manuel

Ascended (15205)

Manuel's picture

16-08-2016, 22:01

I'm very tempted to order it right now Smile Take your time indeed and enjoy!

What a unique thing, an MSX1 cartridge for GFX9000 Smile I love it!

By Colemu

Hero (528)

Colemu's picture

03-09-2016, 14:59

Looks great!
I can't play iton my MSX1 though, it only has 1 cartridge slot Crying

Master (175)

08-09-2016, 18:54

Hi again guys,
Codename:INTRUDER is nearly done.
This is the current Codename:INTRUDER's DEMO mode here

please notice this video is mainly showing the v9990 display output but you can see the MSX screen too for few seconds (cockpit, warning message, spaceship art)

It will be released very soon. We're still balancing skill level, improving some FX, sounds and polishing plenty of stuff.

By msxtrd

Master (196)

msxtrd's picture

08-09-2016, 19:40

Keep up the good work Smile) Looking forward to it Smile

By Imanok

Paragon (1142)

Imanok's picture

08-09-2016, 23:58

Good work, Fernando! Smile

Master (175)

11-09-2016, 08:18

So, you've got a V9990 based video extension (GFX9000/Powergraph) and you don't know what to do with that....
Check on this! It's about to be released

https://youtu.be/QbsNqYnjQFE

Stay tuned!

By msxtrd

Master (196)

msxtrd's picture

11-09-2016, 12:56

Put me on the preorder list :]

Page 5/6
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6
My MSX profile