Champion (322)

CX5Mer's picture

05-12-2014, 15:33

JohnHassink wrote:
CX5Mer wrote:

"Hoe zal de winter 2014-2015 zijn", or perhaps "Hoe zal deze winter zijn?"

Bingo! Smile

I'm glad I got it right!

I was watching the soap GTST on www.rtlxl.nl using XBMC on my Raspberry Pi, because there's a problem with my laptop sound, but as from about episode 5003 I couldn't play the episodes on XBMC any more. I wonder why. Has anyone else been watching GTST using XBMC?

By Meits

Scribe (5386)

Meits's picture

05-12-2014, 17:55

Do not underestimate the complexity and weird linguistic rules of the Dutch language... There are lots of ways to say one and the same thing here and say it totally wrong using the exact same words in a slightly different order... Most dutchies can't even write it without silly errors...
It's when you're switching to a language which isn't yours by heart that (even more) flaws appear... One's skills are more developed than others'. As long as you understand what the content is of what's written, keep it to the content, not to the quality of the grammar... There are other places to discus that Wink

By gamemastermaarten

Master (164)

gamemastermaarten's picture

05-12-2014, 20:59

Hey people .

I can not help it do that I'm bad with english language . But I try to do my best. And yes I am Dutch . There are many words that I understand in English. But some I can not think what it's called in English. But now winter is terrible. The temperatures are now completes the 6 and 7 degrees. Monday to Wednesday was super. Because the huge cold. With a temperature of 1 and 0 degrees in the Netherlands. Smile You know. I have autism.

By boblet

Master (188)

boblet's picture

05-12-2014, 22:30

Don't worry about it, many native English speakers do a good job of mutilating English. Besides, you're understandable and that is ultimately all that matters.

And what Meits said.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

06-12-2014, 11:14

I know. There are many people who understand me in English. I also had lessons in English. But since I moved almost 2 years I followed no English. But I'll do my best. One half years ago it was quite the other way with language. I 'm good at English. But bad in Dutch . Come I was terrified . I lived in a poor neighborhood . And by a set of *evil people* scolded for cunt Dutchman. And they let me broke a window in my apartment. The depression I managed to be better with Dutch in both English because I do not have to think of those assholes who have make me afraid . Because I am now moved to a good neighborhood. Question

* admin: replaced two words to avoid people ending up here while searching for totally irrelevant things Wink

By Grauw

Enlighted (8027)

Grauw's picture

06-12-2014, 09:57

Good for you, that doesn’t sound fun. But don’t say the n-word please, it’s a bad word.

By gamemastermaarten

Master (164)

06-12-2014, 10:23

Is good. But fortunately the past. If I have enough money. I 'm going to buy a MSX 2. I really like the Japanese video game box arts. They look much better than the English box arts. I am now looking for many Japanese MSX games. I do not want to travel to Akihabara. Way too end road. Wink

By Manuel

Ascended (15365)

Manuel's picture

06-12-2014, 11:15

Way too end road => Veel te ver weg....

I don't think that English speakers will understand... Try: "Way too far away." or something. "weg" in Dutch is used for two different words: 'road' and 'away'. (Although 'away' has 'way' in it, which is probably of the same origin as Dutch 'weg'.)

By MäSäXi

Paragon (1884)

MäSäXi's picture

06-12-2014, 12:09

There´s no reason to worry if you speak english correctly or not, as long as somebody understands you. Smile Many native english speakers are constantly doing errors with certain words, like using "their" instead of "there" and vice versa and with many other words too. Not all native english speakers can speak everything correctly. Same happens with every possible language. Smile It is understandable to kindly tell somebody how some phrase can be written correctly, but not understandable to get mad if somebody can´t speak or write as well as you can.

Hopefully we can get back to topic now. Smile Here in Finland we can enjoy snow already. Smile Don´t know, if southern Finland has any snow, though.

By gamemastermaarten

Master (164)

06-12-2014, 13:20

MäSäXi wrote:

Hopefully we can get back to topic now. Smile Here in Finland we can enjoy snow already. Smile Don´t know, if southern Finland has any snow, though.

In the Netherlands we do not have as much snow as in Finland. 5 years ago we had the first white Christmas in the 21st century. The last white Christmas was in 1981. And actually I like the Christmas period as cold as in 2008 and 2009. But the climate there is almost no chance of that in December will friezes or snow. Crying

Page 2/3
1 | | 3