3D printed nms8250 Frontpanels

Page 4/4
1 | 2 | 3 |

By Alexey

Guardian (2892)

Alexey's picture

11-11-2020, 18:23

The SLA printer is out of the question for creating huge objects like front panels. First of all, the printed part will be quite fragile, and second - it will cost you more than you want to spend on it. The SLA resin is very expensive and while small figurines end up not being too expensive, the large front panel may cost you the equivalent of 2 resin bottles - 70 or more Euro.

However, making the stencils with the SLA printer makes perfect sense and I will it this method when making the replacement front panel for my Yamaha. And as Hamlet said, good filler/primer and paint will be necessary for the 3D printed part.

By Nprod

Expert (85)

Nprod's picture

11-11-2020, 20:36

The price of resins has been coming down for the past year or two, and now there are special formulations available that have similar properties to ABS or Nylon. It's true that it's still more expensive than filament, and you'll likely need a bottle or two to fill the vat. But you'll only use up a part of the amount, equivalent to the weight of the printed panel and support material, which i'd guess is about ~250 grams. If 1kg of Sirayatech's Blu tough resin costs 50$, a panel would come out to be about 10-15$ in resin to make. There are probably shipping and import fees to factor in, but it's still not as expensive as it used to be.

By tonyshark

Supporter (4)

tonyshark's picture

23-11-2020, 19:08

Hi I looking for NMS 8250/80 front panel 3D file to print.
Someone can help me?

By tonyshark

Supporter (4)

tonyshark's picture

23-11-2020, 19:09

How can I contact you?

Page 4/4
1 | 2 | 3 |