WTB: broken Sony HB-F700

Page 1/2

By Alexey

Paragon (1260)

Alexey's picture

22-09-2017, 01:58

I would like to buy or trade a broken Sony HB-F700 MSX2. Preferably with a broken motherboard, but with working power supply and at least one floppy drive. Can trade it for some interesting MSX hardware (original or newly made).

Login or register to post comments

By hamlet

Paragon (1190)

hamlet's picture

22-09-2017, 12:01

I should have a working PSU for your Sony.

By Alexey

Paragon (1260)

Alexey's picture

22-09-2017, 13:29

Thanks, Hamlet, but the lack of PSU is not my biggest problem. The problem is that I have no boards and cables for connecting the keyboard and cartridges and I have no keyboard as well. That's why I need a computer with a broken motherboard that would include all missing parts and a keyboard.

By Meits

Scribe (4638)

Meits's picture

22-09-2017, 16:12

Something you'll rarely find is a keyboard. Now I got a bag full of keyboardparts of which you can compile a complete 700P keyboard. Out of this bag I already created a fully functional keyboard for the computer it goes with, so I asked the owner if he'd agree to get this keyboard to you... If you want... Wink

By Alexey

Paragon (1260)

Alexey's picture

22-09-2017, 16:56

Thanks Meits. I will keep this offer in mind if I have to buy a keyboard separately from a computer.

By Alexey

Paragon (1260)

Alexey's picture

27-09-2017, 12:17

I wonder whether there are any broken F700s around at all. Maybe I am just hoping for something that doesn't exist?

By Meits

Scribe (4638)

Meits's picture

27-09-2017, 13:41

You could try to contact RepairBas. He has/had a lot of parts and (partly broken) stuff of several computers. I sent him my broken 700 some years ago. He might still have it.

By Alexey

Paragon (1260)

Alexey's picture

27-09-2017, 15:30

Meits, thanks. Bas has found what I wanted, but no keyboard is available. So how much for your fully assembled from parts F700P keyboard? Preferably without too much yellowing (but that can be of course fixed later).

By Meits

Scribe (4638)

Meits's picture

27-09-2017, 20:52

You most definitely will have to retrobrite it. The keyboard is assebled from several other keyboards of which I do not know the origins. Some keys are partly yellow, some are completely yellow... The numeric keys are astonishingly white and grey.
The whole keyboard has been cleaned, except for the internal metal frame as I didn't feel like polishing something no one will ever see again.
The space bar, backspace and return keys need some superglue as they miss part of/all their notches to stay in place on the "internal" key.
The PCB is untested, but since it's a PCB and not a membrane, anyone can mend them.
You've to do some maintanance to the cable as well. At least one wire is absolutely malfunctioning/broken. While refurbishing a previous keyboard this became evident. This is not a big disaster as these cables are still newly available from several electronics webshops.
The right notch the lift the tilt the keyboard is missing.
The screws are/were missing. The PCB is now attached to the metal frame with built-in DVD drives for PC. I'll try to find screws to close the casing.
I'll send it to you if you give me your address. Afterwards we'll probably get to a price we're both satisfied with.

So yes, it's a left-overs keyboard which still needs some TLC and time. Seeing the things you achived I know this will be a walk in the park for you. The only thing I did was washing the keys in the washing machine while put in on of the stockings of the wive Wink

By Alexey

Paragon (1260)

Alexey's picture

27-09-2017, 20:58

Wow, sounds like a project to me! Wink Please send me an e-mail and we will discuss the details there. See my profile for the address, thanks.

By Meits

Scribe (4638)

Meits's picture

27-09-2017, 22:10

The screws of a NMS8250 and later do fit to close the device. While doing so I found out that below the caps lock there's nothing inside of the casing in which the screw can find any grip.

A mail with pictures is sent. The pictures are in a link, so if you didn't receive a mail, it might be in your spambox. If not even there, we'll have to come up with some other idea to get you the pictures.

Page 1/2
My MSX profile