OpenMSX crashes my P1 200mmx

By flyguille

Prophet (3029)

flyguille's picture

03-11-2004, 18:47

Recently i download the openMSX 0.5.0 iirc....

and installed it, it comes with catapult and ready to use....

i first installed it on an Athlon 2200... no problems with that... include i did some performance tests for Quibus.

now i installed the same package in my PC (P1 200mmx with mother soho vc, 64mb RAM, video Cirrus logic 5434 1MB PCI, 40GB HDD.Recently i download the openMSX 0.5.0 iirc....

and installed it, it comes with catapult and ready to use....

i first installed it on an Athlon 2200... no problems with that... include i did some performance tests for Quibus.

now i installed the same package in my PC (P1 200mmx with mother soho vc, 64mb RAM, video Cirrus logic 5434 1MB PCI, 40GB HDD. Windows 98SE fully upgraded, IE 6.x, screen 800x600 16bit colors), etc. Before i use openMSX 0.4.0 without any problem... slowly , but no problems like the following.

When i runs clicking on the catapult icon at START >> PROGRAMS >> openMSX >> Catapult

i first get this box

usuarios.arnet.com.ar/flyguille/dibujo.gif

And then other box, a message from catapult saying that i needs atleast openMSX 0.4.0..... ehehehe just installed the openMSX 0.5.0 :P

I tries reseting, i get the same problem... i tries setting the video in true color, and i get the same.

I wonders why openMSX 0.4.0 works, and not 0.5.0 ...

Login or register to post comments

By flyguille

Prophet (3029)

flyguille's picture

03-11-2004, 18:50

PD: after that the PC has a unstable behavior

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8231)

[D-Tail]'s picture

03-11-2004, 18:57

Isn't that the perfect desastrous config? P1, 200MHz, 1MB GFX card, 64MB internally, Windows 98 and the newest openMSX Tongue

Generic answer: maybe you should do a kernel upgrade. Ha, wait, this ain't linux, eh? Tongue Tongue Tongue

I can't imagine why anyone would want to run openMSX, on a P1 with such (relatively) low specs, unless it's for testing tho... Like this perhaps. But why should it be tested? It's obvious it won't work well on a P1 200. Hell, I'll shut up Wink

By flyguille

Prophet (3029)

flyguille's picture

03-11-2004, 19:01

well, now i tries executing the openMSX alone

clicking

START >> PROGRAMS >> OPENMSX >> openmsx incon

and return the same error box, with the sames number.

By flyguille

Prophet (3029)

flyguille's picture

03-11-2004, 19:09

Isn't that the perfect desastrous config? P1, 200MHz, 1MB GFX card, 64MB internally, Windows 98 and the newest openMSX Tongue

Generic answer: maybe you should do a kernel upgrade. Ha, wait, this ain't linux, eh? Tongue Tongue Tongue

I can't imagine why anyone would want to run openMSX, on a P1 with such (relatively) low specs, unless it's for testing tho... Like this perhaps. But why should it be tested? It's obvious it won't work well on a P1 200. Hell, I'll shut up Wink

in my case, i use the P1 for programming purposes, and i use openMSX for to test MNBIOS and others things like to check little thing in BASIC, MSX-DOS, etc... there is not needed real speed.

as only this is the one PC that can to store things after a RESET, unlike the others 11 PCs that have "GOBACK" or "FREEZE" software, that undo all changes on HDD.

By Manuel

Ascended (15360)

Manuel's picture

03-11-2004, 20:00

Yep, the problem is probably that the released openMSX-for-WIn32 binary is compiled for i686, which is Pentium 2 or higher. If you need a binary that runs on Pentium MMX as well, please contact us on IRC.
(We did not intend to do this, but due to a change in the build scripts, i686 became the default... sorry!)

By flyguille

Prophet (3029)

flyguille's picture

03-11-2004, 21:36

DONE, problem solved... thanks guys.!!!!