openMSX post-0.7.0 build available for beta testing

Page 7/9
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | | 8 | 9

By RyJuZo

Master (236)

RyJuZo's picture

08-06-2009, 12:17

RyJuZo: the new debugger runs fine here: did you put everything in the same dir? (Including the Qt libs from that 2nd zip?)

yes I put all in one dir ! I tried it on three different machines...
And on one I also get:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I googled it and it has to do with the distribution of some VC++ (manifest) files and I have vs2003 and vs2005 and vs2008 running on my machine so it should be running...so I'm going to do some checks by debugging it...unless you already know what it could be?

I think I'm going to revert back to an old version 0.6.0 for the time being cause I need to finish a game before the end of the month and I really need the debugging-options

By mfeingol

Champion (291)

mfeingol's picture

08-06-2009, 17:56

RyJuZo:

About the new debugger build not working for you... The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the right version of the CRT installed. In that case, can you please try installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

If that turns out to be the problem, we'll need to find a good way to document this.

By RyJuZo

Master (236)

RyJuZo's picture

08-06-2009, 21:06

RyJuZo:

About the new debugger build not working for you... The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the right version of the CRT installed. In that case, can you please try installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

If that turns out to be the problem, we'll need to find a good way to document this.

yes this was indeed the problem...thx !

And you know what else........ NO more crashing/quitting...!

So thanx alot :)

Now I have to go implement the SSPI auhtentication in my own debugger....

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel's picture

08-06-2009, 23:23

Just copy/paste from the openmsx-debugger code (note: it's GPL licensed!)

By RyJuZo

Master (236)

RyJuZo's picture

08-06-2009, 23:48

Just copy/paste from the openmsx-debugger code (note: it's GPL licensed!)

thx...but I always try to do it myself...for the learning experience you know Wink

but plzzz dont ever ever ever change it again ok? Tongue

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel's picture

08-06-2009, 23:55

Well, that's indeed a very good way to learn. Also, by the way, very glad to read that the crashes have gone.

hehe, well, usually we don't make such changes without backwards compatibility. But it wouldn't be smart to leave in this vulnerability. And now that we finally have a Windows developer who actually knows how to do this without starting from scratch (hi mfeingol), we got it fixed (rather quickly even), after a couple of years!

Now let's see what mfeingol comes up for documenting this stuff. It doesn't seem to be necessary on all systems.

Oh, any other problems left? Comments, bugs, annoyances? Do let us know.

By flyguille

Prophet (3028)

flyguille's picture

09-06-2009, 00:15

I have installed the openMSX in my notebook acer 4535-5250, XP sp3 pro, full drivers ... etc. It is a amd x2 microprocessor...

I have problems with sound, it is like repeating sounds, like 2 keyb clik sometimes, sometimes not, or in gamming the music sounds like a ruined AUDIO-CD trying to play but faster...

on programming viewpoint, it is like the sound buffer of the soundcard not being filled fast enought and it replay old sample again.

tweaks , fixes? what I can to do?

By mfeingol

Champion (291)

mfeingol's picture

09-06-2009, 04:21

flyguille:

Interesting. Which video renderer and sound driver are you using? Do you have the same problems with all of them, or is there a specific combination that causes this behavior?

http://openmsx.sourceforge.net/manual/commands.html#renderer
http://openmsx.sourceforge.net/manual/commands.html#sound_driver

By mfeingol

Champion (291)

mfeingol's picture

09-06-2009, 04:24

Manuel:

Just to be clear, the VC redist issue manifests with the debugger because it's dynamically linked to the MSFT C Runtime - mainly because the QT libs it links with do the same. So we'll need to document the dependency with the rest of the debugger's documentation.

openmsx and catapult link statically to the CRT, so there is no redist dependency there.

By flyguille

Prophet (3028)

flyguille's picture

09-06-2009, 04:46

I just used it as it is!, I don't touch nothing.

The fps is ok & stable... but sound sucks.

the video onboard is the ati3200, and I installed the almost the last video driver from ati.

but I am launching the emu from catapult that bring the installer... maybe is a catapult problem.

Page 7/9
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | | 8 | 9