openMSX post-0.7.0 build available for beta testing

Page 8/9
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | | 9

By mfeingol

Champion (291)

mfeingol's picture

09-06-2009, 04:50

Can you try different openmsx video renderer/audio driver combinations, and see which ones work well and which ones don't?

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel's picture

09-06-2009, 09:48

mfeingol: OK, we'll take that into account when preparing the release of the debugger then.

flyguille: especially try to tweak the sound driver (link already pasted by mfeingol) and the value for the samples setting http://openmsx.sourceforge.net/manual/commands.html#samples
Double it and see if it helps. If you make it too big, with some sound drivers, you may get a lag (so sound is lagging on video). Try to find a good combination. To our frustration, we couldn't find a standard combination that works on all Windows systems. (On other operating systems, we haven't seen this problem at all...)

If your system is capable, try using the SDLGL-PP renderer. It's much more powerful and uses a lot less CPU, if your videocard has the proper GPU which can do most work there. This may also help for sound problems, but first try the sound_driver and samples setting, I'd say.

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel's picture

11-06-2009, 21:32

Any news flyguille?

By flyguille

Prophet (3028)

flyguille's picture

12-06-2009, 00:44

well, I used catapult to change the video render, used the three listed, it does the sound problems in any case, there is no FPS loss, max fps allways include with all the specials effect of SDLGL-PP.

¿one question, when you has WIN XP with the sp3 upgrade, is redundancy or is mandatory to install the optimizer patch for amd x2 athlons? Because I am not installed any path, but I was thinking in that... in any case, OpenMSX takes advantage of a multicore processor?

anyway, next steep to adjust the sound buffer size.

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel's picture

12-06-2009, 18:36

Did you also try to change the sound driver?

openMSX uses multicore processors not explicitly, so it depends how the OS schedules the threads openMSX uses. I have no idea what that optimizer patch does, but I don't think you need it for openMSX. The problem is not optimization.

By marce34

Rookie (29)

marce34's picture

20-06-2009, 21:04

I've got a problem typing under BASIC or MSX-DOS. When I press Return it displays a comma, so I can basically do nothing.

I use it under Ubuntu with the Turbo-R ST ROMs found on a location we all know of.

Thanks in advance,
Marce

{mod: please do not link to copyrighted software on this site}

By marce34

Rookie (29)

marce34's picture

20-06-2009, 22:03

Tested it on Vista on the same laptop and the problem still arises Sad How strange!

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel's picture

20-06-2009, 22:35

Which return key are you using? The normal one or the one from the numeric keypad?

I'm suspecting the latter and the explanation for the comma is this: http://openmsx.sourceforge.net/manual/commands.html#kbd_numkeypad_enter_key

By marce34

Rookie (29)

marce34's picture

20-06-2009, 23:13

Which return key are you using? The normal one or the one from the numeric keypad?

I'm suspecting the latter and the explanation for the comma is this: http://openmsx.sourceforge.net/manual/commands.html#kbd_numkeypad_enter_key
It worked!! Thanks a lot!! Though my laptop has only one enter key :-|

I found that manual page reference before asking but thought it wasn't my case, silly of me.

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel's picture

20-06-2009, 23:18

Heh, interesting, so you have a laptop with only one enter key, but it is the numeric keypad enter key! What laptop is that? Does it even have a numeric key pad?

Page 8/9
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | | 9