Kojima announces new project on may 18th 2009

Page 5/7
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6 | 7

By Mafcase

Master (246)

Mafcase's picture

22-05-2009, 11:58

After the release of the '5' there are now also the following characters: 'e', '3' and '@'. Could this mean there will be a MGS5 promo at the E3?

The new countdown will end in the night of 26/27 May so we have to be a little more patient...

By dhau

Paragon (1570)

dhau's picture

22-05-2009, 19:02

Can we eat raw frogs hiding in grass again please? I hate eating fried chicken in food courts...

By d-fader

Champion (293)

d-fader's picture

27-05-2009, 09:40

Yet another update, I won't spoil it. Just check it out.

(for the lazy ones: www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next)

By Latok

msx guru (3833)

Latok's picture

27-05-2009, 13:51

So definitely no Snatcher........It could be a remake of the MSX versions though Smile

By d-fader

Champion (293)

d-fader's picture

27-05-2009, 14:22

[spoiler alert]
I was kinda spooked by the soldier appearing all of a sudden, since I was so focused on 'new' letters Smile
[/spoiler alert]

I saw an R and a P, so we have 5@E3 RP, don't know what to make of it (I don't see MG as a role playing game actually), never was good in puzzling, then again, I master the :RNFF: ability.

By MrRudi

Hero (523)

MrRudi's picture

27-05-2009, 19:45

With "the soldier" you mean Big Boss right? Tongue

Might be a remake of the MSX version, although it is more likely to be 'Snake Eater II' that tells the story between Snake Eater and Metal Gear 1. I would like that a lot more =)

By d-fader

Champion (293)

d-fader's picture

27-05-2009, 20:08

Never made that link Smile Never played a lot of MG after MGS 2 either, but I think it will be the story between MGS3 and MG, since that is the only gap, isn't it?

By Creepy

Champion (335)

Creepy's picture

27-05-2009, 20:17

Nope. MGS Portable Ops on the PSP tell's that story (how big boss starts his own unit, how he is betrayed again by the US, how he meets up with Null/Grey fox and Campbell etc)

MGS3 -> MGS PO -> MG1 -> MG2 ->MGS ->MGS2 -> MGS4.

By d-fader

Champion (293)

d-fader's picture

27-05-2009, 21:38

Too lazy to translate, copy paste from gamert.nl

[dutch]
Simpel

MGS5 @ E3

R = Raiden, P = Prelude.

Ook kun je zien dat 't regent, een verwijzing naar Raidens comment, "It rained when i was born".
Een game waarin te zien is hoe Raiden nou precies een cyborgninja is geworden.
amirite?
[/dutch]

Sounds plausible.

By KNM

Master (172)

KNM's picture

28-05-2009, 22:56

Looks like at last it will remake the very first Metal Gear from MSX.The image of big boss has a logo of an skull and a kinda map ( reminds the outer haven logo in MGS4 ) and the inscription "Militaires sans frontiers" . The birth of Solid Snake , the confrontation with Frank Jaeger/Gray Fox and the first battle against Big Boss... as all we know

I remember when MGS3 was announced.I was at that moment so angry,but the game resulted in, for me, one of the most memorable games of all time.It´s almost impossible that Kojima will achieve such perfection again, and with the handicap of remaking de MSX metal gear 1 , unless he thought of including in this remake the Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake ,wich could be more interesting , and will bring more cohesive perception of the solid snake / big boss relationship.Who khows...

Can´t wait to see what happens...but ,please Mr.Kojima.Make some on snatcher NOW and leave at once Metal Gear as is,pleeeeeeeeeeeez!

Page 5/7
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6 | 7