Which MSX songs would you like to hear on Poke -1,170's Airwaves show on MSX?

Page 2/4
1 | | 3 | 4

By NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5889)

NYYRIKKI's picture

21-10-2004, 16:34

By Sonic_aka_T

Enlighted (4130)

Sonic_aka_T's picture

21-10-2004, 16:49

Oh, please include some of that fab Starship Rendezvous music!

By poke-1,170

Paragon (1765)

poke-1,170's picture

21-10-2004, 22:08

hahaha whooo ehh many requests ^^
I will do my best,some fine konami stuff at least,was thinking of quarth,metal gear,nemesis 3,snatcher,treasure of usas,auf wiedersehen monty and many more Smile Unfortunately I am totally a lamer when it comes to demoscene music,I was 15 when I last heard anything,and I believe that must have been FAC stuff,ages and ages ago Sad I then switched to an amiga 500,amiga 1200 still today which I use for veejaying (http://www.thecmen.com). I am part of a community called micromusic,where people make music using old gameconsoles like gameboys,c64's,atari ST,some on NES etc... Sadly I found out that hardly anyone knows the beauty of msx music and I think that should be put straight once and for all... I don't realy consider the moonsound very "chiptune style" since it's such a high quality soundgenerator (sorry people).. I have always had a passion for electronic music,electro and the likes because of it's simple yet effective sounds and melodies.
I found the list of the poll,and have downloaded some SCC stuff thanks to you good people out here mailing them. I was very surprised even that the SCC stuff plays a lot faster then I was used to,since europa had 50 hertz instead of 60... The thing is,I am not too familiar with plug ins for playing msx stuff,although I have one for winamp playing SCC's which is fine (has a bar where you need to plough through 254 soundeffects before reaching that one track ;) ),and I have blue msx though not too familiar with that... I know you can rip gamemusic by recording to wave,but apart from any demo tunes,I have no idea how to convert it....
Well, wish me luck haha ! next episode at least has one MSX tune in it,a cover of "turrican 2",which fits into the episode 2 & 3,dedicated to chris huelsbeck.That last tune will be the bridge for episode 4,the tribute to msx.
Well,keep me posted and I'll do my best to wake people up and burn their atari shirts and dust off those hitbits and zemmix's (;) again !

MSX 4ever

poke

By poke-1,170

Paragon (1765)

poke-1,170's picture

21-10-2004, 22:12

Wasn't snout a little elephant and various demos or...?

By poke-1,170

Paragon (1765)

poke-1,170's picture

21-10-2004, 22:15

And errr oh yes,how do you know which theme is what? I have this plug in for winamp,and do you just simply count from the first theme in an SCC? For instance Quarth has many tracks,but it never shows any names of anything, same would go for snatcher...many tracks but errrr...what is which and????

By Grauw

Ascended (10135)

Grauw's picture

21-10-2004, 22:34

Yeah, Snout was an elephant in the BCF demo's Smile.

About demoscene music: Powerrun (by Powerrun from Impact) is kinda cool Smile. And the Impact Housedisk had some cool tunes, Zooi 2, 3 and 4 were pretty cool.

For SCC tunes it's best to use the KSS player (Konami Sound System, NOT the KSS from the Winamp plugin). I sent it to your hotmail address.

By the way, I like the selection of Konami music you mentioned. About finding out the names, for Quarth I wouldn't know how but for example Space Manbow has a soundtrack CD which has the names of the tunes on it (Dust Dust Dust, etc.).

~Grauw

By poke-1,170

Paragon (1765)

poke-1,170's picture

21-10-2004, 22:42

EHHH okay that is a bit over my head ^_^ Hahah also I think I have a remix of metal gear by comcon...anyone familiar with it? So,how can I run those Impact demos on say,ehhh blue msx? Or an easier way to conveert it to wave? Can you "insert" them in the designated a drive in Blue msx? I found some demos but they weren't recognised as being disk image files Sad
And hey, thanx a lot for the player Smile will check it out right away ! I use deliplayer for the most exotic formats (oh how it supports modfiles wonderfully),but for spectrums or proper atari ST music that is not YM you need other players again....the horror hahaha ! one universal player..one day
hehehe

By Grauw

Ascended (10135)

Grauw's picture

21-10-2004, 23:02

Poke, the email I sent failed to deliver... says the message was too big (I guess it was Smile). Anyways you can download them from my web server, I sent a mail with the url. thecman at hotmail dot com is the right address, right?

About the impact disks... Well I can't really tell from here. If they are disk images you should just be able to use them (though I don't know how good BlueMSX'es MSX-Music/Audio emulation is?), if they are not - well, I can't smell what they are then Smile.

~Grauw

By poke-1,170

Paragon (1765)

poke-1,170's picture

21-10-2004, 23:31

Nope, thecmen@hotmail.com it's with an e instead of an a.... although it should have been an "a" by now,since I veejay alone now under that name...
Sent you a mail too,through your accountinfo...
Best, Julian !

By poke-1,170

Paragon (1765)

poke-1,170's picture

21-10-2004, 23:37

Ehhhh okay,have you realy been to mcmurdo? Oddly enough I have a postcard that someone sent to me once...A swedish girl and her husband work there too,on the AMANDA.

Page 2/4
1 | | 3 | 4