Music

Page 1/6
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

27-12-2002, 23:07

Ok, not many people know this. But I'm spending my time with going to college, msx.org and working part-time in a record store in Groningen. I'd like to know what kinds of music y'all like to hear on CD.

I'm into 'underground'/alternative pop-rock music. Especially like it when it's a little noisy or weird in another way. Most famous names I like are Radiohead, Nirvana, Velvet Underground, Neil Young, Beach boys. Other music I often listen to is probably unknown to the most of you. I have a special focus on the Netherlands and Belgium. (With bands like Sukilove, Daryll-Ann, Metal Molly, Johan etc. etc. )

Login or register to post comments

By Latok

msx guru (3673)

Latok's picture

28-12-2002, 00:23

I prefer bands as The Libertines, Belle and Sebastian, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Strokes, but also Bettie Serveert, Wilco and of course Oasis!

And yeah, yeah, yeah......Daryll-Ann is one of my favorite Dutch bands too. Sukilove, Johan.....All very very nice.....

But I hate Radiohead (the way Tom Yorke sings gets me in a depression every time. Can't the guy lighten up a bit?) and Nirvana, for instance...... Smile Smile

By Algorythms

Champion (285)

Algorythms's picture

28-12-2002, 01:37

Oi!

I like Rancid, Sex Pistols, Clash, Green Day, Dropkick Murphys, Anti-Flag, Helloween, Stryper, Lindisfarne and Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.. To name some. Punk, some metal, and 70`s!

Greets!

-Dan Derpaux

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

28-12-2002, 02:23

mmmm.... how can i choose from such a enourmous collection of black metal? Dimmu Borgir is the first that comes to my mind but there are so much more that i like.

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

28-12-2002, 02:26

Ok, not many people know this. But I'm spending my time with going to college, msx.org and working part-time in a record store in Groningen.

and propably hanging around with friends and other social stuff. How do you create enough spare to be able to maintain a site like this

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

28-12-2002, 13:41

typical synthstuff: Vangelis, Jarre, Oldfield, Parsons

film: John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Elliot Goldenthal, Alan Silvestri etc., some of Goldsmith

classical: Tchaicowski, Debussy, Ravel, Holst, and other 19th/20th century composers

and many other artists for number of good things they did.., including Tori Amos, Sarah Brightman

By Latok

msx guru (3673)

Latok's picture

28-12-2002, 16:42

Wolf: Hans Zimmer.....Argh.....I forgot.....Wasn't he the guy who made the Bladerunner theme? Or......

By Latok

msx guru (3673)

Latok's picture

28-12-2002, 16:43

>>Ok, not many people know this. But I'm spending my time with going to college, msx.org and working part-time in a record store in Groningen. <<

and propably hanging around with friends and other social stuff. How do you create enough spare to be able to maintain a site like this

Because king snout has slaves around him who help him whenever he needs it Tongue

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

28-12-2002, 18:09

LOL

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

28-12-2002, 19:01

Wolf: Hans Zimmer.....Argh.....I forgot.....Wasn't he the guy who made the Bladerunner theme? Or......

Bladerunner was composed by Vangelis.. Hans did stuff like Rainman, Gladiator, Prince of Egypt, Pearl Harbour etc.

By Latok

msx guru (3673)

Latok's picture

28-12-2002, 19:08

Cheers Wolf...thx.....

Page 1/6
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6