Music

Page 2/6
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

By Bart

Paragon (1423)

Bart's picture

28-12-2002, 20:46

I used to be VERY strict in what I listened to. I even bound myself to certain producers, labels, etc. Nowadays I'm not that strict anymore.. But to mention some names. The dark stuff: Nine Inch Nails (still my favourite), Powerman 5000, Ministry, Marilyn Manson (early stuff!), Rammstein, Moonspell, Rob Zombie (white zombie too ofcourse). And the light stuff: VNV nation (cool band!), Front 242, KMFDM, Deine Lakaien.

Btw Wolf_ you let me listen to some CD by Jurgen (don't know the last name). He has done more projects like the one you let me listen too. He mostly gathers some (female) singers from the Dutch gothic scene (like Anneke from The Gathering or Sharon from Within Temptation (which is a sucky band btw)). Maybe you should listen to late CD's from The Gathering like How to Measure a Planet. It's kinda the same ambience. Or you might try Qntal I + II also the same ambience.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9769)

wolf_'s picture

28-12-2002, 21:14

guess you mean Lucassen from Ayreon??

I hired some Ayreon CDs from the library in Utrecht.. at first quite good, but after listening to a number of Ayreon CDs it was a bit the same. Anyway, the instrument-techniques and vocal quality is superb.

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

29-12-2002, 05:09

bart, the gathering is not gothic at all but doom metal. WT is sprookjes metal like we 'true' metal-heads call it. Wanna check some mp3 of manson? Got almost all of them just as i have 20 black metal mp3 cd''s! Gathering used to be a cool band. Their first and their third album are the best imo. 1st was with grunting vocals, 2nd sucked incredibly in every way and 3rd was the 1st with anneke van (B)iersbergen!

WT Sharon's voice sucks BT!

By Bart

Paragon (1423)

Bart's picture

29-12-2002, 17:24

bart, the gathering is not gothic at all but doom metal. WT is sprookjes metal like we 'true' metal-heads call it. Wanna check some mp3 of manson? Got almost all of them just as i have 20 black metal mp3 cd''s! Gathering used to be a cool band. Their first and their third album are the best imo. 1st was with grunting vocals, 2nd sucked incredibly in every way and 3rd was the 1st with anneke van (B)iersbergen!

WT Sharon's voice sucks BT!

Hehe I agree Sharon sucks. But WT sucks in whole in my opinion Smile Lousy band. I am afraid though, I disagree with you The Gathering being a Doom Metal band. The first and second CD may classify that genre. All following albums surely ain't doom metal. Maybe it's not gothic too. So we'll call it: dutch sjit Smile

About Manson. I've got all albums myself and lots of bootlegs, remixes, live sjit, etc, etc... But as I said I like the early stuff the best (still on the Nothing label of Trent Reznor, new stuff is rejected by Trent and thus not on Nothing anymore).

I'm not into black/doom metal like Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth... Don't like the shouting Smile

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

29-12-2002, 19:26

i dont like cradle. It's the uber example of how black metal should not sound.

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

29-12-2002, 19:39

Hmmz.. my little slaves are getting a little disobedient Smile

Nah uhm.. well... sometimes I spend less time to education than I should. Apart from that, I'm not the only one that creates msx.org, and it took quite some time to get this new site online. But still, thanks for wondering, Mark.

Anyway, so far we had quite some 'underground' styles. Any people around who are willing to admit that they like the latest Cliff Richards album? We will not hurt you. Honestly. Smile

By Arjan

Paladin (714)

Arjan's picture

29-12-2002, 22:37

I mainly listen to:

-Rammstein

-Feeder

-Muse

-Within Temptation (they don't suck, hehe)

Sometimes I also listen to some game music, like Chrono Cross, Xenogears.... Btw this is what I listen to when I'm at home, at work I'm being tortured with 538....

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

29-12-2002, 23:23

i prefer not to be tortured with lucht radio 100 punt 7 ef eeeeeem!!!

bleeeeeeh

By ro

Guardian (4118)

ro's picture

30-12-2002, 08:33

well, been listening mainly to TOOL the last few years.....

(and some dreamtheater, faith no more, pearl jam, alice in chains, deftones, pain of salvation, counting crows, portishead, pink floyd, marillion etc.)

ro

By jalu

Master (156)

jalu's picture

08-01-2003, 13:36

hmm late reply in this topic, but better late then never Smile

I listen to bands like (The) Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Within Temptation(no, do NOT suck!), Nirvana, Metallica, well, my girlfriend makes me listen to Robbie Williams Smile I also listen to the Corrs, to Eminem, Shakira (Laundry Service is REALLY a good album), Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds, Marillion, Fish.....

I also like the music from Jean Michel Jarre, some Vangelis, Jan Hammer but I also love baroque music, mainly Bach and classical music like Beethoven, Schubert etc...

Page 2/6
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6