Music

Page 3/6
1 | 2 | | 4 | 5 | 6

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

09-01-2003, 00:51

Hehe tomorrow the Eurosonic/Noorderslag weekend starts in Groningen which means a festival of new bands from all over Europe. nice music, nice people and many many many bands playing live in the store I work. God, I love my job Wink

By ro

Guardian (4121)

ro's picture

09-01-2003, 08:33

snout? which store might that be? my fave: LP ??

We've been asked to play in the basement of vera this year, but due well deserved holidays for our leadsinger we had to skip this great event.. .too bad.

Maybe I'll pop by to check other bands as well.

ro

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

09-01-2003, 10:08

I think it's your second favorite store then. Instore gigs at LP.. damn.. they're too small for that, man Tongue

Which band are you in, Ro?

By ro

Guardian (4121)

ro's picture

09-01-2003, 13:59

second fave? platenworm!?

Uhm, I'm like in different bands:

Mobias Dust - Tool like band (www.mobiasdust.com -> u.c.)

Equilibrium - Dreamtheater like band

Colt.ape - Peppers/rage like band

and several other projects...

oh, and I do own a sound recording studio which is great to meet new bands!

so, you see.. very active indeed. But urhm, you live in grn??

I live in Leeuwarden, but have a job in Assen... so I drive through grn allmost everyday..

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

09-01-2003, 14:24

Ro - guess again Tongue

We're big enough to have several instore gigs a day

think Greek philosophy. Tsk Wink

By ro

Guardian (4121)

ro's picture

09-01-2003, 15:04

ghehe, I knew it would be PLATO...

but then again, you asked me for my FAVE second store...

well, allright plato is cool too

Okay, so euh.. if its is big enough I could consider grabbing my guitar and strumm the hell out of it in that same big'ol store, right?

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1761)

Jorito's picture

09-01-2003, 19:43

lol, that might actually make me wanna visit plato for a bit during my lunch break and watch ro (one of my heroes from the good ol' days Wink) play some guitar sjit Wink

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

10-01-2003, 01:57

I think I'll kick ro right out of the store as soon as he so much as touches a guitar Tongue

nah, instores are to be arranged with someone else than me Smile

By ro

Guardian (4121)

ro's picture

10-01-2003, 08:07

hehe, CHICKEN!

Oh, well. I can imagen you being scared... (what if ro is as good as playing the guitar as he is in coding.... damn, that would certainly NOT be a reason to get this guy strutt his stuff... the little fucker he is)

If i'm nearby I'll visit plato MAYBE, just because I love you sooo much snout, honey, pumpkin', sugar doll.....

nuff bullshit, I'm out.

Eh, thanx for the kind words jorito.... blosh!

(really, atleast my guitar sjit ain't that bad, is it?)

By Grauw

Ascended (8457)

Grauw's picture

10-01-2003, 19:12

Ah... Nice. Well most of all I like the music they made in the 80s, electronic and with synths and all, really too bad I wasn't born a couple of years earlier ^_^. Stuff like Madonna, Madness (Our House), The Cars (Drive), Flashdance theme (She's a Maniac), J Geils Band (Centrefold), Kim Wilde (Kids in America), Eurythmics (Sweet Dreams), Turtles (So Happy Together), Survivor (Eye of the Tiger), Van Halen (Jump), I like it a lot. And ofcourse not to forget, Jarre!!

There's also quite some cool early 90s music, especially the more rock-like ones, REM (Losing My Religion), Soundgarden (Black Hole Sun), etc. There's also some 70s music I like a lot (father's influence, huh ^_^), amongst others ELO (Electric Light Orchestra), Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells II is very cool), Rick Wakeman, and a tiny itsy bit Pink Floyd (actually only another brick in the wall part 1). Oh, and for Jalu, I also have The War Of The Worlds, I used to listen to that a lot, although not anymore.

Of the music one hears nowadays, I like Muse, Madonna (still ^_^), Radiohead, Oasis, but als more, as I was told, 'industrial' or 'techno' (really don't know which) like Fatboy Slim (most), Prodigy (some), and Chemical Bros (actually I only know Hey Boy Hey Girl but it rocks!). I can also appreciate a little gothic: Type o Negative, The Gathering, Theatre of Tragedy, etc, those I like to listen to. Metal is 'ok', and so is rock, especially the latter is nice to dance on but aside from that it's not really anything special. Except for the exceptions, ofcourse ^_^.

And at work, I stay up-to-date with current music developments, cause they have Radio 538 with (argh!) Gordon on (ho ho ho I am such a funny gay man I have to laugh real loud about myself all the time). Actually, among all R&B and trance shit there are still some nice groups, if I may mention the Sugarbabes, whose music is to be honest not really inventive but sounds nice and smooth and all... I like it so far. Also Nelly Furtado is nice (but that's probably just because she looks hot ^_^). And there's some Dutch music aswell which is rather good, in particular Blof.

As for the rest, I listen to a lot of 'weird' music aswell. With weird I am mainly referring to Anime music (J-Pop) and Game music (mostly MSX classics). The Very Best of Ys is one of my favorites and the soundtrack of the anime Kimagure Orange Road is also very very cool (it's from the 80s, yay ^_^). Also my anime singles collection is one of the popular Winamp hits. Actually most of my MP3 music collection consist of Anime and Game OST's... I'm a bit of a collector as far as that's concerned ^_^;;. But in the end I only listened to a small part of them because I'm not really an 'explorer' so I listen lots of times to an album I am sure I really like.

Thus far yet another of my incredibly long messages... How do I keep managing to do it ^_^.

Oh, one more: Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again. It's a wonderful song, it was the OP of one of the Maison Ikkoku episodes, and the lyrics are really sad. Unfortunately when I went shopping in the H&M I heard some stupid r&b-like cover! yuck.

~Grauw

Page 3/6
1 | 2 | | 4 | 5 | 6