Very much off-topic: LCD troubles

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8232)

[D-Tail]'s picture

12-07-2006, 23:33

To boot it all off, I decided to repair my laptop once again, adding a bigger screen from a similar laptop in the process. The screen appeared to work quite well, the picture is crisp and clear. But the problem is, there's a vertical bar on about 1/3 of the screen -- how do I get rid of that? It's present on all resolutions, so I reckon it has something to do with hardware and/or cables malfunctioning. Can anyone shed light on this? Attached to this post is a picture of what I mean:

wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~herkafm/various/mrc/vertical_bar.jpg
Vertical bar
Login or register to post comments

By Edwin

Paragon (1182)

Edwin's picture

12-07-2006, 23:42

Laptops often get problems with the flexible cable that connects the screen to the laptop. It can get dirty or loose. Or even break. If you're lucky it's something like that. If not, then it could also be some loose wires on the panel.

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8232)

[D-Tail]'s picture

12-07-2006, 23:43

The latter case would mean I'd have to screw my LCD to bits, wouldn't I? I'll go for the first option instead. Too bad that 14.1" has to wait then, I'll remount the 13.3" again, for the time being. Thanks for the hints anyway Smile

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8232)

[D-Tail]'s picture

13-07-2006, 00:35

Done re-fixing the 13.3" screen. Hell of a job though Sad... Upside of it is, that I fixed the new, internal WLAN card. I'm actually getting somewhere. Furthermore, the Windows doesn't BSoD anymore when I shake it non-gently, which is nice Big smile. The 14.1" would be a worthy upgrade still Smile