BodyHammeR

Page 1/2

By Haohmaru

Paladin (772)

Haohmaru's picture

24-10-2003, 20:27

high everybody!

First, let me tell you about my nick.

Quite a few years ago, there was a Japanese SF/Action movie on BBC called 'Tetsuo II - Body Hammer'. It was really cool/wierd/fun/Japanese, you get the idea.

I started MSX (computing in general) when my father (yes, I have parents!) bought a VG8020 MSX1 from my uncle. Most liked games were Konamis and Thexder.

It wasn't until Almelo'97, I discovered there were still people who use MSX! The fair was really nice (although some visitor complained about the lack of visitors), and I even got my first MSX2 bit of software: DISK BBS!

Good thing the files were .TXT and could be accessed with the family brick (for work/education purposes) and I read...

I soon decided I needed an MSX2, I bought one a lot of months later from a former MSX Club Enschede member (Dhr. C. Voets, who was very keen on geanalogy). It was a NMS8250 with two drives and a mono-monitor.

As the years came (as well as money Wink), I purchased more and more MSX stuff, like NMS8280 (I have two now), NMS8245, turbo R ST (512k), OPL-4 and even a GFX9000.

My latest addition is a 8235/20 (diskdrive is busted, help!).

As for production, I cannot code. Graphics are better, but creating music kept me busy for the longest time. I have now relesed some OPL-4 WAVE musics on my site, I know they are not very good, but at least I tried!

The things I do now are:

* Maintainance of The Darkness God Of Destroy (my page)
* Maintainance of Bitwise Home Computer Team page
* Writing Realtime Articles of fairs I have visited
* The Army Of Assholes (don't ask, log on to #msx)
* DAMN - Diary of An (MSX) Nutcase (to be released as Crazy Letter)
* MSX DiskMag List (my latest project)

If you feel like making contact, or want to see my creations, don't hesitate!

BodyHammeR

[A]bort, [R]etry, [D]estroy!
The Darkness God Of Destroy

http://home.conceptsfa.nl/~slammert
s.l.lammertsma@hccnet.nl

Login or register to post comments

By zett

Hero (555)

zett's picture

27-10-2003, 01:23

yeah verry cool site! I like the realtime reportz.
Big smile

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5400)

JohnHassink's picture

29-03-2004, 13:52

Yeah, I've seen that movie. It's very cool and bizarre. Does your arm change in a machinegun too when you're pissed off? Smile

By Latok

msx guru (3662)

Latok's picture

29-03-2004, 14:06

Tetsuo II? Akira revisited? Or an official sequel? I'm curious!

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5400)

JohnHassink's picture

29-03-2004, 14:39

It's a "live manga"... It doesn't have anything to do with Akira, it's a different story.

By Meits

Scribe (5461)

Meits's picture

29-03-2004, 18:33

It wasn't until Almelo'97, I discovered there were still people who use MSX! The fair was really nice (although some visitor complained about the lack of visitors), and I even got my first MSX2 bit of software: DISK BBS!
Goody Tongue

By Haohmaru

Paladin (772)

Haohmaru's picture

03-05-2004, 20:27

MeitsNearDark: Yes, you crazy Frysk bastards are responsible for me still wasting my precious life with MSX Wink

DemonSeed: I try not to get mad, who knows what'll happen!

Latok: do a search on the internet, it's quite a 'cult' movie. I must see I get my hands on a DVD (or more, if I can find both movies) so I can watch them 47+ times like I do with Evil Dead et al Wink

BodyHammeR

By Haohmaru

Paladin (772)

Haohmaru's picture

20-07-2004, 22:52

Here is all I can remember at the moment:

Tetsuo - The Iron Man (Japan 1988, b/w, 67 mins. R)
Tetsuo II: Body Hammer (Japan 1992, colour, 83 mins. R)

both (c) Shinya TSUKAMOTO

NOTE: Those 'R' ratings are there for a REASON kids Wink

By Meits

Scribe (5461)

Meits's picture

24-07-2004, 19:13

DISK (De Idiootste Software Krant)
Regarded as the follow-up to the infamous Golden Power Disk, utilizes the same UI and the writing formula is practically identical, but with everything else (staff, music, graphics) in the hands of a group of lunatics naming themselves Near Dark.
I remember that at Almelo '97, one of the Near Dark members was handing out a special compilation issue called DISK BBS - Biggest Bull Shit which contained a selection of bullshit from all previous issues.

System: MSX2 or higher, MSX-MUSIC, MSX-AUDIO
User interface: Yes. Same as the Golden Power Disk.
Latest known issue: #7
Address: -
Health: Dead
Language: DutchIt wasn't me Big smile

By Haohmaru

Paladin (772)

Haohmaru's picture

24-07-2004, 20:48

It wasn't me Big smile

Of course not, that silly DISK must have been fabricated out of thin air straight into my hands Wink

By Meits

Scribe (5461)

Meits's picture

25-07-2004, 02:42

Point is, i never was in Almeleau... I remember some of ND were there once...
Did some free software sharing on big fairs... The looks of the receivers were always megnificent... Haha...

Page 1/2