[D-Tail]

Page 1/2

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8233)

[D-Tail]'s picture

24-08-2004, 20:32

Ha! Finally Wink

You could've expected this topic Smile since I never introduced myself properly. I'm a bit embarassed about that, so... ...here it is! Just for starters, some personalia:

• Relation to MSX: When I was a kid with the tender age of four years, my dad bought a MSX 'because they have them as well in elementary school'. /me happy. I was only four years old and I played Road Fighter and King's Valley 1 on my dad's NMS 8245. Later on, I was seven years old I think, I learnt to play around in BASIC. It really was a wonderful time Smile. Then, a few months later, my dad bought a Sony HB-F700D (German!) with even 256kB RAM! This meant I could play the DMC crack of Bubble Bobble! Yeah, I was already a sinner in my childhood :\... Then I got more and more into programming until suddenly... ...we got our first Intel Pentium. I abandoned MSX for about one or two years, whilst sometimes playing a game or two on it. After that, I recall I was reading a XSW-Magazine, which stated the coming of NestorBASIC. I, completely enthusiastic, got into MSX again. I never had the discipline to teach myself ASM, so I had to do it with the BASIC experience I had. When I was about fifteen or sixteen, I got into a dev group called R. Soft. Which wasn't really the brightest part of my MSX-life. Put that aside, when R. Soft tore apart a year and a half later, I continued with Sjoerd Lammertsma (BodyHammeR) and Hans Tillema (TMT_) and Ronnie Broer (LdH) under the new name 'Bitwise'. That's how it is today. We're not very active in terms of meeting eachother, but well, Hans occasionally reports something about the Bitwise USB Interface or the Bitwise TMT_net (for which I'm still making a little game). When I see Ronnie, it's mostly about having a beer or two and going to some hardrock cafe in Hoogeveen (Viavia, wolf_, you might know it Wink) or Apeldoorn.
    Meanwhile, I was asked to become moderator at MRC, which I did Wink. Currently I'm webmaster in this place... ...and I'm still alive and kicking! Big smile
    These days, I do most of the translations from English to Dutch.

ATM I'm a second-year student studying about computer science, still doing some ASM-like BASIC programs ;) (that is, NestorBASIC with a lot of PEEK/POKE/VPEEK/VPOKE and VDP()-like things ;)) and I made myself a network driver for TMT_net (of which the official version's still not released... ah well, that time will come ~sometime~)...

If I suddenly recall something about my youth or whatever, expect it to be posted below ;)

Login or register to post comments

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8233)

[D-Tail]'s picture

24-08-2004, 20:38

Oh yes, where does '[D-Tail]' come from? Actually, the name is quite new, I use it for about two years now (just when I quit R. Soft, I decided for [D-Tail]). First of all, I had long hair for about three years. Hence the 'tail'-part. The 'D' was nothing in particular, but combined it sounded quite nice and it fits my personality. When I make something, it should be good, otherwise I could have done nothing at all. I'm a perfectionist kind of person. That's what makes me stick to MSX, perhaps... Smile

Before, way before I joined any group, I had the nick '[TCM]'. Its meaning differed at certain points. I recall it meaning 'The Crazy MSX'er' once. Ah, whatever, it just didn't fit anymore, so I choose another Smile. I must say, [D-Tail] works perfectly for me Smile

By Sama

Ambassador (2061)

Sama's picture

27-08-2004, 08:28

I still can't help feeling old when realizing you're just 19... You know, you and I got our first MSX's around the same time with exactly the same reason (elementary school). With the difference that I was about ten years old back then...

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8233)

[D-Tail]'s picture

27-08-2004, 19:24

Nostalgia, definately Wink. Well, I was as happy as a child on christmas' eve when I bought my Turbo R, in February last year Wink

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8233)

[D-Tail]'s picture

30-08-2004, 14:27

And this is a picture of me, my A1ST, TMT_net and some more hardware crap :)

By Meits

Scribe (5661)

Meits's picture

07-09-2004, 18:52

Your last name rings a bell here... Got, by any chance, some familymember who MSXed as well in the past? I remember some person with the same last name ordering all our DISKs in the past...

By Sama

Ambassador (2061)

Sama's picture

09-09-2004, 11:35

Couldn't it be D-Tail himself?

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8233)

[D-Tail]'s picture

09-09-2004, 23:51

Uhh... that's not me, no Big smile
Then we've my dad, which isn't a real MSX-user anymore, so I doubt him ordering those DISKs... Well, not that many people are called 'van Herk', let alone them using MSX Wink

Well... I wouldn't mind if you'd send me all DISKs, of course... Smile

By Sama

Ambassador (2061)

Sama's picture

10-09-2004, 11:24

He didn't finish his sentence, probably he was going to say something like '...and we sent them to him, but never received the payment' TongueWink

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8233)

[D-Tail]'s picture

20-09-2004, 23:04

I'll be happy with Disk images, though Tongue

Although I have the MCCM CD set (owned by my dad, who was member at the time), with all the De Idiootste Software Kranten on it, only DISK6 seemed to work... :|
Ah well, maybe that was because of some broken disks on which I tried to put them Wink

By Haohmaru

Paladin (772)

Haohmaru's picture

21-09-2004, 15:50

IIRC, I have some DISKs (DSK images or other) lying around. I'll see if I can unearth them. Too bad some asshole stole my BSS edition: borrowed from me and never gave it back. Now he's gone AWOL Sad. If you're interested in GPD issues, maybe I can help you as well Wink.

See you in Bussum (and give my regards to rklok if you see/speak him before I do) Wink!

Page 1/2