Introducing

By Arno

Supporter (16)

Arno's picture

06-06-2012, 18:58

Hi all, after lurking for quite some time on the forums it's time to properly introduce myself!
Like probably many of you, I was an MSX enthousiast in the beginning of the 90's. Mainly I
loved playing RPG's (not knowing what I was doing in the Japanese games). Also did some
asm coding and pixeling. I never really contributed to the scene at that time.
[..skip 20 years..]
And now I rediscovered the MSX! Got myself a secondhand 8250, slotexpander, fmpac, CF,
FM-PAC, megarom SCC and memory expansion, and enjoyed revisiting all these old games (many translated, great!).
I even started picking up asm again, trying to code some simple routines. Thus far I managed
to get my own megaROM running and put some pixels on the screen. Well, got to start somewhere...

I will probably be asking around on the forums for some advice. It's been a great help already, even
in silent-lurking-mode Smile

--Arno

Login or register to post comments

By Manuel

Ascended (18237)

Manuel's picture

06-06-2012, 21:42

Willkommen, bienvenue, welkom.

Is it possible we know you from something/somewhere?

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1771)

Jorito's picture

06-06-2012, 21:57

Welcome here, and I wish you lots of fun Big smile

By WORP3

Paladin (828)

WORP3's picture

06-06-2012, 22:16

Welcome Big smile

By PingPong

Prophet (3792)

PingPong's picture

06-06-2012, 23:55

welcome!

By Arno

Supporter (16)

Arno's picture

08-06-2012, 12:35

Think it's unlikely you know me from anything MSX related. NEver was really active in any group.
The only trace of history I could uncover was startrek.pma from the forbidden archive site.
Looking at it now it looks silly, but hey, I was 14 at the time I made this Smile2

Actually, a game was produced called 'startrack', which was something like sokoban with lasers and mirrors in the playing field. There is a very small chance that a working disk is still somewhere in a big bag o disks I have here..

By snout

Ascended (15184)

snout's picture

08-06-2012, 14:49

Welcome to the MRC forums, Arno! And if you happen to find that game, please don't forget to submit it to our downloads corner Wink

By Manuel

Ascended (18237)

Manuel's picture

09-06-2012, 11:39

So, are you Lightning or Paradox of Synth-x software? Smile
And who is Factor?

I actuallly like that logo screen Smile

And I also remember having seen this demo in the 90's. It was even on my MSX floppy collection, I think.

Anyway, why didn't the program get developed as announced in the demo?

By Arno

Supporter (16)

Arno's picture

27-06-2012, 21:52

I'm both Paradox and Lightning, changed nicknames every couple of months during that time Smile
Unfortunately my copy of the floppy is lost. But, I've contacted a classmate who ported the game
to PC, he's checking if there's still some floppies at his parents place. The original MSX sources may
still be there. Speaking of vaporware... oO