\\/\\/OLF

Page 1/4
| 2 | 3 | 4

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9765)

wolf_'s picture

18-08-2003, 22:26

born 1978/Leiderdorp

Grew up in a music-store.. could essentially play and operate huge organs at 5 orso.
Started pianolessons at 7, got bored of it at 17. Didn't actually got bored of the 'playing', it's just that playing someone else's work 1:1 from a score bored me.. Smile
My typical playstyle is improvising in any tonescale. C# is the favourite at the moment..

Joined the RMF (see CGP 5,7,10 and SRP 4) at 14, after fiddeling around with my FM-pac for only 6 months in basic. A customer from our musicshop once donated me his Music Module (!), that was very cool as musmods were already msx-cult back then.. hard to get one, those days. I was just at the right place at the right time.. ah.. the butterfly effect.. Smile

After I declared the RMF dead, I simply called Sav and Ro from the Fuzz.. was kinda weird actually, 'hey, you have a new member.. did you know that?' Smile

Meanwhile I did music for some intros for CAIN, and some news/intro-music for SRM. Trivia: did you know that muzax II sold 100 copies and muzax III only ~70 ? Smile

At 18 I met the moviedirector I still work with, who was working on a 3-hour amateurmovie (no.. not THAT kinda movie.., this one was with kids Smile ).
Meanwhile I entered the PC demoscene, by joining Logic Design.. 4 ppl (including me) merged with The Black Lotus, a famous Amiga/PC group from Sweden. TBL is kinda inactive anno 2003. Attended some PC music compos in the past, the last two I won.

At 19 I went on to study Musictechnology in Hilversum, graduated (2001) in composition, production, sounddesign and software.

Over the years I did soundtracks for movies, screensavers or TV-leaders by: EO, NCRV, AVRO, Rabobank, Heineken, Hewlett Packard, Staatsloterij, Ahead, Rotterdam's filmfestival, Utrecht's filmfestival, Gizmozone.com, Telsell, Corrino BV, BNN/IdtV and various others. Most insane experience must be the interview on TMF (Bridget on Air), after that amateurmovie I did with that director.
I did a number of short movies, most notably: ISABELLE and THE CHAMP. ISABELLE feaatured a 35-piece string-orchestra for the score, which was kinda cool. It's really cool to see players play your music that was just a trackerfile the other day.
The (very) short movie THE CHAMP was nominated for the Student Academy Award, didn't win tho.. but hey.. it was the Academy Award Smile

At the moment, I'm into coding in the Blitzplus language. And the things I do are actually editors for MSX games.. (screen 4 editors, map editors, sprite editors, font editors, etc.). Still feel I should do an MSX game with maximum OPL4 music. Still wish to know where the opl4 boundaries are. Smile ..who knows what the future brings...!

Current composition-style is basicly orchestral, mixed-up with synths (think of a mix of John Williams, Hans Zimmer and Vangelis). Still using IT2 for *everything* ..tho, until IT3 is done, I might switch to my own tracker, which is 50% done. About IT3: on internet you'll find out that ppl declare it as non-existent, however.. it's not, I'm the main functional designer, and a Czech company (who manufacture antennas for broadband internet) is the executive producer of the software.

Current futureplans include songwriting and more movies!

..anyway.. in short.. that's it. Boring eh? Smile

Login or register to post comments

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

18-08-2003, 23:12

At 18 I met the moviedirector I still work with, who was working on a 3-hour amateurmovie (no.. not THAT kinda movie.., this one was with kids Smile ).
ROFL!!!

And the things I do are actually editors for MSX games.. (screen 4 editors, map editors, sprite editors, font editors, etc.).
How about setting up a page for those? Maybe open-source them, that would be cool.

By MrRudi

Hero (515)

MrRudi's picture

18-08-2003, 23:15

Read that sentence again Wolf_ and then consider if the addition "this one was with kids" is actually improving the remark or not Big smile

By leesmapman

Resident (47)

leesmapman's picture

19-08-2003, 09:48

Read that sentence again Wolf_ and then consider if the addition "this one was with kids" is actually improving the remark or not Big smile

I agree with MrRudi here. But it's also because I have a dirty mind. But if you really want to make that kind of film, a collegue of mine is very interested in acting in it.

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

19-08-2003, 09:51

I agree with MrRudi here. But it's also because I have a dirty mind. But if you really want to make that kind of film, a collegue of mine is very interested in acting in it.

I he/se a child? Smile

nah euhn... cut the crap, we're spoiling the profile of a living legend here Smile

By BiFi

Enlighted (4348)

BiFi's picture

19-08-2003, 14:18

Wow, Wolf on TMF... Must have missed that Smile

Incredible list of things you've done already Wolf.
btw. Is IT3 going to be a Windows version or will it still stay in a text screen (as in DOS) environment? Or is that highly confidentional info?

By ro

Guardian (4104)

ro's picture

19-08-2003, 15:03

gheh, I still hold a copy of that TMF show... maarten sitting on the ground talking nonsense.. laughed my dig outta my pants!
ahum, nevermind

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

19-08-2003, 15:39

gheh, I still hold a copy of that TMF show... maarten sitting on the ground talking nonsense.. laughed my dig outta my pants!
ahum, nevermind

Would be cool if it could be digitized Smile

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9765)

wolf_'s picture

19-08-2003, 15:46

no it would not Smile

About IT3, it's multi-OS, and eventually multi-CPU. So, eventually you can choose between win/macOS/linux/beos (beos: iirc, don't hold me on that one), and for CPUs: you can eventually pick PC CPUs, motorola and Alpha.

It comes with it's own filefunctions, eventually you don't need an OS to run IT3, you can just config some barebone system and install IT3 on it.. however, this might take a while, it's not intended for the first release. video/audio drivers need to be made then.

The whole app is skinable and customizable. Compare it with Borland Builder, you can actually set IT3 to "edit-mode", and move all your buttons etc. around, change shortcuts , change sckins etc. ..runtime! So, finally no more debates about how it looks, works and feels, you can just config that all by yourself.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

19-08-2003, 16:00

It comes with it's own filefunctions, eventually you don't need an OS to run IT3, you can just config some barebone system and install IT3 on it.. however, this might take a while, it's not intended for the first release. video/audio drivers need to be made then.

The whole app is skinable and customizable. Compare it with Borland Builder, you can actually set IT3 to "edit-mode", and move all your buttons etc. around, change shortcuts , change sckins etc. ..runtime! So, finally no more debates about how it looks, works and feels, you can just config that all by yourself.
Sounds fantastic, how much of that is already implemented?

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9765)

wolf_'s picture

19-08-2003, 16:28

It's all in libraries, afaik they're pretty much done, technically, what we're doing right now is setting up a server with CVS so that all members have access to the design files (and other projectfiles as well). The libraries are mostly done, it's now a mattern of design and make dedicated controls etc. Anyway, that's all too technical for now, it surely will take some while before there's something to show.

btw, why did the topic change to //OLF ? Smile It used to be //OLF once.. Smile

Page 1/4
| 2 | 3 | 4