Scribe (5650)

Meits's picture

14-02-2004, 21:32

He refused a suck of Tristan's 'ziggy-special' Smile

By evulopah

Hero (661)

evulopah's picture

14-02-2004, 23:41

yez, it surprised me that the king of blowers dit NOT take a shot from tristans 'stokje'!!

By RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1235)

RobertVroemisse's picture

21-02-2004, 06:44

Yes, I remember Rieks. It was years ago (even before his first nervous breakdown) when I met Rieks at the MSX fair in Almelo (yes, it was YEARS ago). We immediately hit it off because we had the same MSX hobby: collection original Japanese MSX software. I first met him at the station in Almelo where I stepped out of the train and went to the bus to go to the fair. At the busstop were two silly looking persons waiting. I immediately recognized the somewhat "death" look in their eyes, and so I assumed they had to be MSX'ers. I asked them if they were going to the fair also. They replied with a big yes. In the bus we talked for hours (at least it seemed hours) and when we finally got to the fair we were already fairly acquainted. In those days I was an active member of the MSX group DTC. We had a stand in a small room and these two weird looking boys had their stand in the same room. There was an old tradition at MSX fairs in the past. The tradition was to turn the music very loud, and your neighbour would put his music even louder. As an answer you would put your music louder again. This ritual was repeated until one of the participants wrecked their audio equipment. This day Pigeonsoft (the strange name of the two boys) won the contest because they sabotaged our equipment. Fortunately I could play my music and the two strange looking boys were forced to listen to it the whole day. When the fair was almost over we exchanged adresses and the first "date" was set.

On an early saturday morning I went with the train to Groningen. When I was in Groningen I took the "boemeltrein" to Winsum where one of the strange people, Rieks, was waiting for me. It was a great weekend. And now, several years, 5 diskmagazines, a music disc, a bunch of other productions and about 500 gallons of beer later, I write this text in his room behind his computer. I am 27 years old now and our friendship is still growing. So... to all you people who would like to meet Rieks I want to say one thing "Don't do it, HE IS A BASTARD!!!!"

Signing of

YUM

By Sama

Ambassador (2061)

Sama's picture

24-02-2004, 13:39

Thanks for all your flattering words, Robert. You really are a friend. This story reminds me of the speech you gave on my 18th birthday party, which was almost as flattering as this one.

But hey, from your somewhat odd perspective, we might have looked strange, but it actually was you who was somewhat 'different'. We might as well talk about the period you were taking Prozac since we didn't immediately ask you to become a Sargon-member. This was the time you describe I had a 'nervous breakdown', but fortunately we all know better.

But hey, what does it matter. It's still very much fun drinking beers with you and doing nerdy things and the like. Although I'm still somewhat fuzzy from last weekend. It really had been a long time since I had had such a weekend. But when will you mail me the scans I was asking for? And of course, the main character of Risks don't Matter?!

Big hug to you, too, anyway Tongue

By evulopah

Hero (661)

evulopah's picture

25-02-2004, 08:50

Tobke...

By Meits

Scribe (5650)

Meits's picture

25-02-2004, 11:34

Tobke...tsssss Big smile

By Sama

Ambassador (2061)

Sama's picture

25-02-2004, 13:25

Tobke?? What is Tobke??

By evulopah

Hero (661)

evulopah's picture

26-02-2004, 11:47

Oh dat is een Fries woord! Betekent: teiltje... en die gebruik je als iemand extreem slijmt....

just an expression...

don't take it personal...

Wink

By Sama

Ambassador (2061)

Sama's picture

26-02-2004, 13:42

Ah, I get it. Tobke comes from tobbe, from tub. Now that makes sense Tongue

By Sama

Ambassador (2061)

Sama's picture

25-08-2007, 03:23

Felt the urge to update my initial post in this thread a little, as it was quite obsolete - so I did. Just so you know that the date doesn't correspond with the state of affairs any longer Wink.

Page 2/3
1 | | 3