Who does this Red_Oddity think he's anyway?

By Red_Oddity

Supporter (1)

Red_Oddity's picture

13-05-2004, 18:03

Seeing everybody is here anyway, might aswell join the club...
Some might know me, some might not, i never really was 'very' active in the MSX scene eventhough i did became the/a graphic artists for Sargon.

My name is Sven Neve, i currently live inbetween the provinces North Holland and Utrecht in Holland in a town called Bussum (it's a sort of nether-region between the two and nobody knows exactly what province it belongs to, a perfect town for me you'd say)

I currently own a company together with 2 friends in Hilversum at the Media-Park (the dutch film and television centre), we specialize in 3D modeling/animation and special-effects/post-production. Of and on between jobs for clients we do short animations for our own company.

I got into contact with MSX computers through a public opinion bureau which used the MSXs in conjuntion with a lighting fast 1200 baud modem (can't believe i ever downloaded stuff on that, especially if you consider i'm posting this through a 10Mbit T1), the bureau send a question list every week and we filled this in and send it towards the respective bureau (which ment quit playing Nightmare 2 or Vampire Killer for a minute or two, so you can imagine how long we kept that up).
Soon after that the bureau replaced the MSX with a PC and we got to keep the MSX, joy! But, as with all hardware you get for free, it broke down pretty fast, so i started looking for a new MSX and i think that is how i got into contact with the MSX fares...

How on earth i ever got into contact with Sargon, i sadly don't remember anymore (i usually don't hang out with fruit cakes like that, but it was a step up from my usual friends at the lobotomy lab Wink )
At the moment my MSX hobby is as active as the Pope's love life, so, i apologise up front for denying my true calling Wink

Anyway, that's about it.

Greetz to Rieks, Jan, Aaldert, Johnny and Robert...cheers mates.

Login or register to post comments

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8232)

[D-Tail]'s picture

13-05-2004, 18:34

Hey cool! I know you only by name, nevertheless I've seen some neat drawings from you... When will you make your comback to MSX? Big smile

By Sama

Ambassador (2060)

Sama's picture

14-05-2004, 09:32

Nice to see you here as well, Sven Smile Amusing story, even I didn't know about that public opinion bureau Smile. The only one who hasn't been spotted here yet, is Aaldert, but the rest of Sargon hangs out here regularly.

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

16-05-2004, 19:46

(can't believe i ever downloaded stuff on that, especially if you consider i'm posting this through a 10Mbit T1)

huh? since when do we have T1 lines in europe? isnt it E instead?
anyway, keep on animating!

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8232)

[D-Tail]'s picture

17-05-2004, 22:22

Erm... Can't it be I've got a 100Mbit data line in Enschede? Directly from Amsterdam/NY? Big smile

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

18-05-2004, 09:44

Erm... Can't it be I've got a 100Mbit data line in Enschede? Directly from Amsterdam/NY? Big smile

dunno mate, but...
in europe we have E1,2,3 and 4. In the US (and japan (or was is europe and japan?)) they only have T1,2 and 3. and those are different specifications.

if im wrong, then my teachers material was probably outdated

By [D-Tail]

Ascended (8232)

[D-Tail]'s picture

18-05-2004, 18:23

Hehehe, could be, indeed... But the fact is, I've got a 100Mbit line in Enschede, and I give a heck for what it's called. Be it E4 or T12, I don't care. Fact is, I've got an immense speed Wink. That's what counts IMHO. Big smile

By DarQ

Paragon (1038)

DarQ's picture

18-05-2004, 19:13

Hehehe, could be, indeed... But the fact is, I've got a 100Mbit line in Enschede, and I give a heck for what it's called. Be it E4 or T12, I don't care. Fact is, I've got an immense speed Wink. That's what counts IMHO. Big smile

yeah, thats true Smile but on the other hand, i call you by your name and i dont say rudi (for example) to you.

hmm, forgive me my nonsense