Who is Vampier?

By Vampier

Prophet (2295)

Vampier's picture

02-05-2004, 08:24

- Who you are

People fom #msx and #openMSX already know me but here I go:

I'm Vampier aka Patrick van Arkel, I was born and raised in The Netherlands and 27 years of age.

- Where you're from

Currently I am a permanent resident of Anaheim California famous for Disney Land, The Mighty Ducks and The Anaheim Angels.

- Products you developed for MSX

No commercial nor famous products... simply because the internet wasn't there yet... at least not for 'regulars' My last real MSX program was some Space Manbow clone in turbo-basic (kun-basic) with SCC Musix music... I left all my disks in The Netherlands while moving to the US.

- MSX Groups you were in

I have been in a one man group called 'Metal Soft' ... Metal Soft actually was cracking Konami games to find out passwords and other things. The most famous 'hack' I did was the firebird hack which enabled one single password to activate all passwords.. except for the end demo Wink

Right now I assist in the testing of openMSX and Catapult.

I got my first MSX when I was 8 years old it was a NMS8220 with a data recorder... followed 2 years later by a nms 8255 which turned into a NMS 8250 3 years later.

(and then I bought an Amiga 600 Tongue)

Anyway.. you could call me the emulation guru since I collect all that has to do with emulation.

Login or register to post comments

By Sama

Ambassador (2060)

Sama's picture

02-05-2004, 18:49

Hi Vampier! You said you left all your MSX disks in The Netherlands when you moved to the United States, did you give them away to somebody or did you throw them away? That Space Manbow clone thingy sounds interesting Wink

By RemcoZ

Paladin (965)

RemcoZ's picture

02-05-2004, 20:06

Hi there! If i'm correct I followed an ASP-course in Diemen with you!
How are you?!?

By Vampier

Prophet (2295)

Vampier's picture

02-05-2004, 20:28

Hey Remco Smile Yep that's right.... I'm pretty ok you can read about my life on www.vampier.net it's a blog with experiences in the US... how's life on that side of the planet?

Rikusu I gave the disks to my parents for safe keeping, hope they still work when I come to collect them :P

By SDSnatch

Supporter (14)

SDSnatch's picture

27-05-2004, 11:28

VAMPIER!!!! Mwehehehe....Hello LA man! Hows life ?Smile

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5489)

mars2000you's picture

07-05-2006, 20:58

Vampier is THE MSX Cheat Master ! Smile

The openMSX cheat database is his masterpiece and without that, the blueMSX version of this database should not exist !

He has also developed an excellent cheatfinder script and has some brilliant ideas for the emulator's development.