Please advise

Page 1/6
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Par Gloriou

Expert (125)

Portrait de Gloriou

30-01-2019, 11:47

Greetings MSXers,
I'm new in this forum so take it easy Tongue
Actually I would ask your advise of getting an MSX2+, since I have ax350 & ax370. I want an MSX that is expanded internally.
I installed Sofarun on a flash and failed to run games bigger than 16kB, that is why I'm looking for better one (modded or not).

Long lives the MSX

!login ou Inscrivez-vous pour poster

Par Manuel

Ascended (15839)

Portrait de Manuel

30-01-2019, 12:12

If you use MegaFlashROM SCC+ SD with built in 512kB RAM, you can run almost any game of any size.

Which flash are you using?

Par Grauw

Ascended (8516)

Portrait de Grauw

30-01-2019, 12:25

Hi Gloriou,

For nice upgraded MSX2+ computers, contact daniel683104. He sells them from time to time and may have one in stock or be able to get one.

However I think you don’t need an upgrade really. The AX-350 and AX-370 are nice MSX computers with good specs. The AX-370 even has the MSX2+ VDP, so it can be upgraded to MSX2+ by replacing the BIOS ROM, and even without that it may already be able to run some MSX2+ titles which do not check the version number. There aren’t many MSX2+ games in the first place, by the way.

It seems your problem is not related to the amount of internal memory. Normal RAM is not very good for loading ROM games. If you get a device like the MegaFlashROM SCC+ SD with 512K RAM option or the Carnivore2, they provide a Flash ROM which can load pretty much all ROM games. You’ll have plenty of RAM memory as well if you need it, although for playing games the internal 128K of the AX-350 and AX-370 is more than enough, they are already better endowed than most Japanese computers.

Par Gloriou

Expert (125)

Portrait de Gloriou

30-01-2019, 12:38

Manuel wrote:

If you use MegaFlashROM SCC+ SD with built in 512kB RAM, you can run almost any game of any size.

Which flash are you using?

Maxiol 2015 sunrise IDE, I'm not sure if it's called like that

Par Gloriou

Expert (125)

Portrait de Gloriou

30-01-2019, 12:42

Grauw wrote:

Hi Gloriou,

For nice upgraded MSX2+ computers, contact daniel683104. He sells them from time to time and may have one in stock or be able to get one.

However I think you don’t need an upgrade really. The AX-350 and AX-370 are nice MSX computers with good specs. The AX-370 even has the MSX2+ VDP, so it can be upgraded to MSX2+ by replacing the BIOS ROM, and even without that it may already be able to run some MSX2+ titles which do not check the version number. There aren’t many MSX2+ games in the first place, by the way.

It seems your problem is not related to the amount of internal memory. Normal RAM is not very good for loading ROM games. If you get a device like the MegaFlashROM SCC+ SD with 512K RAM option or the Carnivore2, they provide a Flash ROM which can load pretty much all ROM games. You’ll have plenty of RAM memory as well if you need it, although for playing games the internal 128K of the AX-350 and AX-370 is more than enough, they are already better endowed than most Japanese computers.

Thank you for explanation

I want something to run all ROM and all DSK images, Please

Par Alexey

Guardian (2459)

Portrait de Alexey

30-01-2019, 12:57

Then you basically have to choose between MegaFlashRom and Carnivore2.

Par Gloriou

Expert (125)

Portrait de Gloriou

30-01-2019, 13:01

Alexey wrote:

Then you basically have to choose between MegaFlashRom and Carnivore2.

Would you mind explaining the difference between them?

Par hamlet

Scribe (2655)

Portrait de hamlet

30-01-2019, 13:40

There seems to be a lot.

Par Gloriou

Expert (125)

Portrait de Gloriou

30-01-2019, 13:57

hamlet wrote:

There seems to be a lot.

Thanks,
I think I will be getting a Carnivore-2 then....
Reading the differences I believe its more all around bit more than the other one.

Par Stt1

Champion (440)

Portrait de Stt1

30-01-2019, 14:08

Carnivore2 preorders seems to be open also now:

https://www.8bits4ever.net/product-page/carnivore2

Par Gloriou

Expert (125)

Portrait de Gloriou

30-01-2019, 14:58

Stt1 wrote:

Carnivore2 preorders seems to be open also now:

https://www.8bits4ever.net/product-page/carnivore2

:) Thank you :D

Page 1/6
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6