Arcade Game Designer for MSX

페이지 10/12
3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | | 11 | 12

By jltursan

Prophet (2280)

jltursan의 아바타

06-01-2020, 20:13

So, it's done!. Here's the repository with the first public release of AGD MSX: https://github.com/jltursan/AGD-MSX-Suite

Since my last update, all the big bugs have been tracked and the engine has been sucessfully tested over real machines (all generations). Also, the engine has support for PT3/AYFX sound and DSK and ROM (16KB/32KB) formats are possible; so basically it has all the features I was looking for before a first public release.

Of course, there're still bugs (I know a couple of them, none critic ;)), I hope that they'll be fixed soon.

Feel free to test it and ask about it :)

By zPasi

Champion (495)

zPasi의 아바타

12-01-2020, 21:21

Cool!

I tried converting Deep Core Ranger, with success. Of course it's not fully automatic, there is tweaking with colours, wrong sounds effects etc. Ok.

But the cange of FPS from 25 to 50 causes some issues. Some of the guns fire too often, that's easy to fix. But then there are severe slowdowns, e.g. those "flappy birds" on screen 5 (sprite type 4), something about their script makes the whole scene crawl. I'm not sure what it is, are those checks IF CANGOLEFT etc so "heavy"?

BTW: are you planning to make some ZX AGD conversions to MSX? I'm not saying that you should, but whoever does conversions, maybe we should make another thread about that, so we all don't convert the same games.

About AGD in general, is there any method to make animated tiles (like water etc)? Or is it possible to change the tiles runtime, for breakout type games etc? Maybe this is a wrong forum to ask, but anyway.

By CASDuino

Master (149)

CASDuino의 아바타

12-01-2020, 22:48

Foggys Quest and Oceano have already been converted by jitursan.

By jltursan

Prophet (2280)

jltursan의 아바타

13-01-2020, 19:11

Quote:

Foggys Quest and Oceano have already been converted by jitursan.

Indeed, Foggy's and Oceano can be downloaded from here: https://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/software/agd-msx-finalizado#comment-372402

Quote:

I tried converting Deep Core Ranger, with success. Of course it's not fully automatic, there is tweaking with colours, wrong sounds effects etc. Ok.

Do you mean "Deep Core Raider"?, if so, it's already fully converted :). DISCLAIMER: I usually don't have enough time to play them enough to be 100% sure that there're no glitches or bugs at all; so my apologies in advance.

Here it is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/j9w0sf

I can't detect any slowdown at all, are you referring to this screen?:

The main reasons to have slowdowns could be: heavy use of particles, lots of BEEP commands, text printing commands in any of the mainloop events and lots of sprites with complex event routines. My version already takes care of them; IIRC, dcr have a lot of printing in the mainloop and the MSX suffers a lot. It's dead easy to fix, just using flags to care about when a text has been already printed.

I agree that we need some thread to publish the converted games or simply the progress of any other conversion. I don't have plans to convert all the AGD games; but I'm sure that I'll finish some more, I've ongoing work in games like Aeon, Nixy, Terrahawks or MrVintik...

Quote:

About AGD in general, is there any method to make animated tiles (like water etc)? Or is it possible to change the tiles runtime, for breakout type games etc? Maybe this is a wrong forum to ask, but anyway.

Right now AGD world is a bit messy, AGD MSX is based on MPAGD development; but there's also AGDx, a more advanced AGD version (only for ZX) with a lot of extra features like crumbling blocks or conveyors. I've plans to support this as I love these features, some of them related to the nametable; but in the meanwhile I'm thinking on implementing a new command (MSX only) to directly update the name table. So, right now, if you want to update a tile the only way is to PUTBLOCK again on every animated tile.

By zPasi

Champion (495)

zPasi의 아바타

13-01-2020, 21:56

jltursan wrote:

Do you mean "Deep Core Raider"?, if so, it's already fully converted Smile.

I can't detect any slowdown at all, are you referring to this screen?:

That is the one. Ok, no slowdown in your version.

Quote:

IIRC, dcr have a lot of printing in the mainloop and the MSX suffers a lot. It's dead easy to fix, just using flags to care about when a text has been already printed.

That must have been the cause, then.

Would you mind sharing the project sources, so I could see how you did it?

Quote:

Right now AGD world is a bit messy, AGD MSX is based on MPAGD development; but there's also AGDx, a more advanced AGD version (only for ZX) with a lot of extra features like crumbling blocks or conveyors. I've plans to support this as I love these features, some of them related to the nametable; but in the meanwhile I'm thinking on implementing a new command (MSX only) to directly update the name table.

Cool!

Quote:

So, right now, if you want to update a tile the only way is to PUTBLOCK again on every animated tile.

PUTBLOCK. Somehow I missed that. Ok. Thanks!

By jltursan

Prophet (2280)

jltursan의 아바타

17-01-2020, 18:11

Quote:

Would you mind sharing the project sources, so I could see how you did it?

May I ask you for an email?, seems that you profile doesn't have one...

By zPasi

Champion (495)

zPasi의 아바타

19-01-2020, 20:57

jltursan wrote:

May I ask you for an email?, seems that you profile doesn't have one...

pasi dot kettunen at me.com

By journey

Champion (405)

journey의 아바타

31-01-2020, 15:09

Hi!
How to run the AGD games with SofaRun+MFRSD? When i try to launch the game, it hangs.
MSX Turbo R ST + MegaFlashRomSCC SD

Thanx!

By jltursan

Prophet (2280)

jltursan의 아바타

31-01-2020, 17:30

¿What game are you trying to run?, ¿and format, DSK or ROM?.

I've also a MFR+SD 512 so I can try to test the game, ¿how are you running it?

By journey

Champion (405)

journey의 아바타

31-01-2020, 18:44

jltursan wrote:

¿What game are you trying to run?, ¿and format, DSK or ROM?.

I've also a MFR+SD 512 so I can try to test the game, ¿how are you running it?

All in .rom format

Foggy's Quest, Deep Core Raider, Paco el bombas

페이지 10/12
3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | | 11 | 12