Stevedore

Stevedore

by hamlet on 19-10-2020, 21:54
제목: Software
언어 설정:

Stevedore works at the docks, loading and unloading ships in a small coastal town. He is in love with the beautiful lighthouse keeper. Today is the annual summer party, and Stevedore is hurrying up to finish the job and go to the party with her. Suddenly… the floor cracks under his feet...

Help Stevedore find the keys to get out of the abandoned warehouse.
The lighthouse keeper is waiting for him at the lighthouse.
Or isn't she? What other adventures might happen!? Good luck, Stevedore!

Stevedore requires a MSX machine with 8K RAM and 16K VRAM.

The cartridge is presented in a luxurious package and a color manual. Expect the best quality packaging from the MSX Cartridge Shop.

Relevant link: Order at the MSX Cartridge Shop.

Media browser (5)

  • Stevedore
  • Stevedore
  • Stevedore
  • Stevedore
  • Stevedore

댓글 (68)

By The Apeman

Expert (89)

The Apeman의 아바타

20-10-2020, 07:43

Looks very nice.

By Bengalack

Master (222)

Bengalack의 아바타

20-10-2020, 08:14

Love the gfx! Sweet! Would be cool if we could see some youtube-gameplay too :-)

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

20-10-2020, 08:16

I have never recorded a video and my first tests have been a complete disaster :_D But I'll try again later this week!

By ren

Paragon (1532)

ren의 아바타

20-10-2020, 09:08

Looks great indeed Smile

@theNestruo, tip: Olive (and OBS for screen/window capture)

By jltursan

Prophet (2344)

jltursan의 아바타

20-10-2020, 09:12

Brilliant!, I also love the aesthetics!

The video can be directly generated by the emulator, you only need to upload it to Youtube and voilà Wink

By valkyre

Champion (462)

valkyre의 아바타

20-10-2020, 09:30

Ordered mine!

By ren

Paragon (1532)

ren의 아바타

20-10-2020, 10:51

Quote:

The video can be directly generated by the emulator

(Do note that openMSX, at least last time I looked into it, records w/o effect / monitor simulation settings applied.)

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

20-10-2020, 14:13

jltursan wrote:

The video can be directly generated by the emulator

I did, but I was unable to play the video or use it within the video editor (just audio).
A codec-related issue, I guess; but couldn't find proper decoder (Windows 10).

By ray2day

Hero (568)

ray2day의 아바타

20-10-2020, 14:54

Quote:

Love the gfx! Sweet! Would be cool if we could see some youtube-gameplay too

I agree.

Quote:

I have never recorded a video and my first tests have been a complete disaster :_D But I'll try again later this week!

Quote:

I did, but I was unable to play the video or use it within the video editor (just audio).
A codec-related issue, I guess; but couldn't find proper decoder (Windows 10).

Hope you will be able to do so. I really, really would like to see a video of it.

By Chadwick

Rookie (32)

Chadwick의 아바타

20-10-2020, 21:23

Bengalack wrote:

Love the gfx! Sweet! Would be cool if we could see some youtube-gameplay too :-)

Hey i used to make all my decisions based on magazines and the back of the box!...lol Big smile .

j/k i would like to see it too

By jltursan

Prophet (2344)

jltursan의 아바타

21-10-2020, 09:23

theNestruo wrote:
jltursan wrote:

The video can be directly generated by the emulator

I did, but I was unable to play the video or use it within the video editor (just audio).
A codec-related issue, I guess; but couldn't find proper decoder (Windows 10).

Xvid4 works for me. Note that usually I create videos with BlueMSX...

By Bengalack

Master (222)

Bengalack의 아바타

21-10-2020, 20:28

theNestruo wrote:

A codec-related issue, I guess; but couldn't find proper decoder (Windows 10).

Given what the docs says (32-bit codec), it sounds like you need to find a program that can use the 32-bit codec, take the lossless file, and convert it into a format that your video editor accepts.

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

23-10-2020, 20:43

Aargh! I lost the battle against the video editors...

...so instead of a promotional video, here they are! Two gameplay videos!!!

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

24-10-2020, 11:06

I like it very much. Gfx way and musics are very charming !
Ordered, waiting now for testing.

By Briqunullus

Master (202)

Briqunullus의 아바타

24-10-2020, 13:26

Nice one! Will you sell a digital edition as well?

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

24-10-2020, 14:13

Sebbeug wrote:

I like it very much. Gfx way and musics are very charming !
Ordered, waiting now for testing.

Thank you very much!

Briqunullus wrote:

Nice one! Will you sell a digital edition as well?

I had no plans for digital edition (at least for the moment), sorry...

Chadwick wrote:

Hey i used to make all my decisions based on magazines and the back of the box!...lol Big smile .

I did it too! All those ZX Spectrum ports with Amiga screenshots in the box... lol

But not this time! Stevedore's box features true screenshots!!

By mzoran

Expert (92)

mzoran의 아바타

27-10-2020, 14:34

Already out of stock !

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

27-10-2020, 15:28

Reception today : Very good game ! Really.
Congratulations.

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

27-10-2020, 18:16

Sebbeug wrote:

Reception today : Very good game ! Really.
Congratulations.

Thank you very much! ^_^

mzoran wrote:

Already out of stock !

Wow, that was faster than expected!
A new batch is underway, but it will take some time... (sorry).

By Randam

Paragon (1037)

Randam의 아바타

27-10-2020, 18:17

Already out??? Then I hope I can get one from batch 2.

By valkyre

Champion (462)

valkyre의 아바타

27-10-2020, 18:35

Mine has arrived!

By hashem

Resident (55)

hashem의 아바타

05-11-2020, 14:55

im stuck in the stage21 any1 can help me?

By hashem

Resident (55)

hashem의 아바타

05-11-2020, 14:56

you cannot solve it i think only if you jump perfectly

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

05-11-2020, 15:43

hashem wrote:

im stuck in the stage21 any1 can help me?

Hi, hashem!
Congratulations on reaching so far already! You are halfway there!!!

hashem wrote:

you cannot solve it i think only if you jump perfectly

All the stages can be solved without "pixel perfect" jumps (mainly because I hate them, haha). Of course, some stages allow more than one way to solve them, and some solutions may require perfect jumps... but there is always at least one solution without them.
The pixel perfect jump is 4 chars wide. In that stage, the hardest jump is a 3 chars wide + 1 char up, that shouldn't be really hard (the margin is about 6 or 7 pixels, and previous stage features several of that).

If you are still stuck, maybe we can open a new forum thread with a big "spoilers inside" warning, haha!

By hashem

Resident (55)

hashem의 아바타

05-11-2020, 16:04

i bet no solution for this stage just only jump perfectly

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

05-11-2020, 16:38

hashem wrote:

i bet no solution for this stage just only jump perfectly

I guarantee you it has a solution without perfect jump.
I don't know how are you trying to solve STAGE 21... so, if you want, send me a mail with a picture of the situation before that jump, and I'll send you back the solution.

By hashem

Resident (55)

hashem의 아바타

05-11-2020, 17:31

whats yr email

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

05-11-2020, 18:00

hashem wrote:

whats yr email

The one in my profile (my username here + at gmail.com)

By M-A-D-M-A-X

Resident (45)

M-A-D-M-A-X의 아바타

05-11-2020, 20:01

theNestruo wrote:

If you are still stuck, maybe we can open a new forum thread with a big "spoilers inside" warning, haha!

Good idea !
I’m just at the beginning for the moment, but I love it Big smile

By hashem

Resident (55)

hashem의 아바타

06-11-2020, 12:47

there is trick or something u have to do it fast i solved stage 21

By hashem

Resident (55)

hashem의 아바타

08-11-2020, 06:53

i finished the game (36 stages) excellent game 10/10

stage 30 hard Smile

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

08-11-2020, 11:52

hashem wrote:

i finished the game (36 stages) excellent game 10/10

stage 30 hard Smile

Congratulations, hashem! And thank you!!!

By dan

Expert (118)

dan의 아바타

09-11-2020, 14:47

those pantojos hide their gold very well. very nice game. it deserves a second batch. congrats

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

09-11-2020, 18:43

dan wrote:

those pantojos hide their gold very well. very nice game. it deserves a second batch. congrats

Haha! Thanks!! Wink

Can't give you exact dates, but a second batch is coming!

By journey

Champion (440)

journey의 아바타

18-11-2020, 20:10

How the hell can i pass stage 11?? Damn sea ​​urchin... Crying

By M-A-D-M-A-X

Resident (45)

M-A-D-M-A-X의 아바타

18-11-2020, 22:06

Me too oO

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

19-11-2020, 11:16

journey wrote:

How the hell can i pass stage 11?? Damn sea ​​urchin... Crying

M-A-D-M-A-X wrote:

Me too oO

I guess you have already killed the sea urchin once with the box on your way to the left of the screen...

SPOILERS AHEAD

The respawning spot of the sea urchin is higher than the ground. If you kill it again with the other box, it will respawn OVER that box...

By journey

Champion (440)

journey의 아바타

20-11-2020, 13:59

theNestruo wrote:

The respawning spot of the sea urchin is higher than the ground. If you kill it again with the other box, it will respawn OVER that box...

Thanx!!

SPOILERS AHEAD
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But sometimes the sea urchin reappears just above the box, and when I move the box, the sea urchin falls on my head.
Now i'm in the Jungle Smile

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

20-11-2020, 14:08

SPOILERS AHEAD
.
.
.
.
.

journey wrote:

But sometimes the sea urchin reappears just above the box, and when I move the box, the sea urchin falls on my head.

You can make it jump (once) when it's over the box, and then you can safely move the box.

journey wrote:

Now i'm in the Jungle Smile

Enjoy the new... "friends"... that dwell there Wink

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

21-11-2020, 13:35

lvl 18 for me just now : excellent game !

By mcolom

Master (155)

mcolom의 아바타

22-11-2020, 12:03

I'm enyoing this game a lot, it's quite addictive!
Why not having a password per level? Like in King's Valley, for example. So far I haven't seen any after more than 10 screens... unless I'm missing something or perhaps there's some trick I haven't found yet.
In any case, congrats for the game Nestruo and wonder, it's great Wink
(I'm one of those who looked inside, by the way!)

By mcolom

Master (155)

mcolom의 아바타

22-11-2020, 12:26

Just read theNestruo commenting in a different thread that the passwords are related to the fruits! I'm happy now haha

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

22-11-2020, 13:57

mcolom wrote:

Just read theNestruo commenting in a different thread that the passwords are related to the fruits! I'm happy now haha

Yup, as the manual clearly says: "Grandma says the fruits are good for the memory (and delicious too!)"
Well... maybe not so clearly! Hahaha!! Wink

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

23-11-2020, 12:32

Spoiler (here is a first password found) :
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
7AF380

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

23-11-2020, 19:35

a second one :
.
.
.
.
.
.
35A05C

By sd_snatcher

Prophet (3367)

sd_snatcher의 아바타

25-11-2020, 03:19

Already out of stock?! Any plans for a new batch? Crying

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

25-11-2020, 08:35

sd_snatcher wrote:

Already out of stock?! Any plans for a new batch? Crying

Yes, a new batch is coming...

It's a shame real life does not have CTRL+C CTRL+V... hehe

By journey

Champion (440)

journey의 아바타

25-11-2020, 10:05

Now i'm stuck at stage 18...
I'm one step away from the new password...but i don't understand how to complete the level...
damn skeletons!! Crying

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

25-11-2020, 10:38

journey wrote:

Now i'm stuck at stage 18...
I'm one step away from the new password...but i don't understand how to complete the level...
damn skeletons!! Crying

That's the jungle screen featured in the back of the box, right? Need a hint?

By journey

Champion (440)

journey의 아바타

25-11-2020, 10:54

theNestruo wrote:
journey wrote:

Now i'm stuck at stage 18...
I'm one step away from the new password...but i don't understand how to complete the level...
damn skeletons!! Crying

That's the jungle screen featured in the back of the box, right? Need a hint?

For now no, thanx..I feel that I am close to the solution.
I still try a little by myself
I have to solve it! Smile

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

25-11-2020, 11:00

journey wrote:

I still try a little by myself
I have to solve it! Smile

Yeah, that's the spirit!!!

By Bodhi1969

Expert (87)

Bodhi1969의 아바타

25-11-2020, 11:36

As mentioned before it would be interesting to know if you plan a digital edition?

By Shrapnel

Resident (38)

Shrapnel의 아바타

25-11-2020, 14:02

Yep, I'd like a digital ROM as well.
I bought the cart, but have no access to my MSX machines right now and so I'd love to be able to play it on an emulator. =)

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

25-11-2020, 14:28

Bodhi1969 wrote:

As mentioned before it would be interesting to know if you plan a digital edition?

Shrapnel wrote:

Yep, I'd like a digital ROM as well.

I'm aware that many of you would like a digital edition. But after thoughtfully considering it (it is not an easy decision), I'm afraid that a digital edition will not be available for the moment.

By mcolom

Master (155)

mcolom의 아바타

26-11-2020, 19:42

Oh Nestruo, we love you so much for the game. And we hate you so much for the game... Smile

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

26-11-2020, 22:11

héhé... You're right ! What a crazy brain to build these levels !!! Evil

By mcolom

Master (155)

mcolom의 아바타

26-11-2020, 22:27

A sadist.

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

27-11-2020, 20:50

I finished the game ! (after 30 stages)

Really really fun experience !!!

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

27-11-2020, 21:10

Sebbeug wrote:

I finished the game ! (after 30 stages)

Really really fun experience !!!

Congratulations!!!

...but that's the bad ending ^_^ There is a better ending (after six more stages)

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

27-11-2020, 21:41

Argh Question

By hashem

Resident (55)

hashem의 아바타

28-11-2020, 02:07

Sebbeug wrote:

I finished the game ! (after 30 stages)

Really really fun experience !!!

how i finished the game its 36 stages or maybe you must take all items

By theNestruo

Master (228)

theNestruo의 아바타

28-11-2020, 09:52

hashem wrote:
Sebbeug wrote:

I finished the game ! (after 30 stages)

Really really fun experience !!!

how i finished the game its 36 stages or maybe you must take all items

There are two endings: one after stage 30, and the good one after stage 36 Smile

By M-A-D-M-A-X

Resident (45)

M-A-D-M-A-X의 아바타

28-11-2020, 10:21

If I followed, the fruits are used to get the password and the stars the good ending Question

By mcolom

Master (155)

mcolom의 아바타

29-11-2020, 09:14

I'm totally stuck at level 14. Any good spoilers? Tongue

By mcolom

Master (155)

mcolom의 아바타

29-11-2020, 15:51

mcolom wrote:

I'm totally stuck at level 14. Any good spoilers? Tongue

Nevermind, now I know!

By Sebbeug

Champion (294)

Sebbeug의 아바타

30-11-2020, 00:46

Level 14 =

By mcolom

Master (155)

mcolom의 아바타

30-11-2020, 08:02

Thanks Sebbeug!
Finally I found it. I guess sometimes I get obfuscated looking for complicated solutions and don't see the obvious Tongue

By pike

Supporter (2)

pike의 아바타

03-12-2020, 03:27

This game looks awesome. Looking forward to the next batch so I can get my copy.