Using Carnivore 2, Nextor and SofaRun

페이지 3/4
1 | 2 | | 4

By MajorTOM

Master (161)

MajorTOM의 아바타

27-01-2021, 23:04

Hi Manuel,
Thank you so much for sending me the DSK file via wetransfer!!!
Unfortunatelly I had run it using Sofarun and I only got a black-screen freezed at the opening (when it should apperar the Compile openning logo instead) --so not working ...
I confirmed that the NEXTOR that I am using is V.2.10
Still wondering why I could run the DSK image with Sofarun with my old Mapper/Megaram by fractal with no problem at all...

So neither DSK nor ROM.... something goes wrong with my Aleste2+carnivore

By Louthrax

Prophet (2406)

Louthrax의 아바타

28-01-2021, 06:21

I was about to recommend you to try an older BIOS for your Carnivore (like this one: https://github.com/RBSC/Carnivore2/raw/a5f6cd3687fa48f790bfc1453de38cca7eba383d/ROMs/BIDECMFC.BIN), but it can be source of incompatibilities with your CF card (i.e. your current CF card might not work with this older IDE BIOS version).

!! So do not to that right now !! (you won't have access to your CF card if it does not work, and will need a working floppy disk to restore your BIOS).

Can you check what is your Compact Flash card model ? We'll then check if it's listed in this compatiblity table: https://sysadminmosaic.ru/en/msx/carnivore2/qvl_list?redirect=1

EDIT: So your MSX model is this one right: https://www.msx.org/wiki/Panasonic_FS-A1 ? It indeed is a bit "special" because it has only 64KB RAM, and has no disk driver. This can be something that's not very well supported by Nextor and / or some Compile game memory detection routines.

I sent you an email with things to test !

By gdx

Enlighted (4695)

gdx의 아바타

28-01-2021, 09:12

Louthrax wrote:

So your MSX model is this one right: https://www.msx.org/wiki/Panasonic_FS-A1 ? It indeed is a bit "special" because it has only 64KB RAM, and has no disk driver. This can be something that's not very well supported by Nextor and / or some Compile game memory detection routines.

This model supports well Nextor when an Memory Mapper of at least 128kB is present. So no problem with the Carnivore 2.
The most annoying thing is the firmware that starts up by default. We must always press ESC during 2 or 3 seconds to boot on a disk.

By MajorTOM

Master (161)

MajorTOM의 아바타

28-01-2021, 10:12

Quote:

Thanks again to the community for the support!
Yes my MSX2 is the t: https://www.msx.org/wiki/Panasonic_FS-A1 and I have to press the DEL key to bypass the firmware..
Apart of that I had no problem with other SINGLE DSKs Images from COMPILE ( for example UNDEADLINE runs perfect and aslo RuneMaster works fine)!
Even with the ALESTE2 DSK I can Sofarun the 1st DSK (the one containing with the DEMO) with no problems, but at the time I have to "virtually" swap disks (press 2+Space) the system hang-ups and restarts... ( I have this problem only with Carnivore2, in the past with the Fractal Mapper+Megaram I could swap the DSKs with no problem..)

On top of this the ALESTE2.ROM does not work neither flashing the C2 from the Sofarun (with the dedicated space) nor directly from the C2MAN + RCP dedicated file for this purpose...

Terribly lost... with this Aleste2 compatibliity issue...

Thanks for your support!

By Guillian

Prophet (3450)

Guillian의 아바타

28-01-2021, 10:41

I have tested Aleste 2 ROM on a FS-A1 using a MFR SCC+ SD 512KB and it works fine using /U or disabling the RAM in the cartridge. If the RAM is enabled, the game does not boot (either with mapper register readback enabled or not)

BTW, with MFR SCC+ SD you do not need to hold any key to skip the internal firmware Wink

By MajorTOM

Master (161)

MajorTOM의 아바타

28-01-2021, 12:29

Hi Manuel,
Thanks for your feedback , unfortunatelly I have no MFR.... I am not sure how to disable the RAM in the C2...
I was expecting the RCP file to do that "adjustments" automatically in the C2....

Nevertheless thanks to Lauren!!! he just sent me an alternative DSK image (version (translated to English and with fixes) which now I can Sofarun with no problems!!!

Happy agian to be able to play Aleste2 (at least the DSK version)

Thanks to all for your support,

.

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel의 아바타

28-01-2021, 20:19

gdx wrote:
Louthrax wrote:

So your MSX model is this one right: https://www.msx.org/wiki/Panasonic_FS-A1 ? It indeed is a bit "special" because it has only 64KB RAM, and has no disk driver. This can be something that's not very well supported by Nextor and / or some Compile game memory detection routines.

This model supports well Nextor when an Memory Mapper of at least 128kB is present. So no problem with the Carnivore 2.
The most annoying thing is the firmware that starts up by default. We must always press ESC during 2 or 3 seconds to boot on a disk.

No, you can configure the default config to auto start so you don't have to touch anything. And with the 2.50 boot menu you can configure the auto start count down timer to 0 seconds.

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel의 아바타

28-01-2021, 21:35

MajorTOM wrote:

Unfortunatelly I had run it using Sofarun and I only got a black-screen freezed at the opening (when it should apperar the Compile openning logo instead) --so not working ...
I confirmed that the NEXTOR that I am using is V.2.10

Strange then, it works fine for me with SofaRun, using default values. But that's on the FS-A1GT. The crash you got when changing disks is what the patch is for.

By gdx

Enlighted (4695)

gdx의 아바타

29-01-2021, 10:30

Manuel wrote:

No, you can configure the default config to auto start so you don't have to touch anything. And with the 2.50 boot menu you can configure the auto start count down timer to 0 seconds.

I don't know the new features of the firmware 2.50 but I speak about the FS-A1 firmware not the Carnivore2.

By Manuel

Ascended (18151)

Manuel의 아바타

29-01-2021, 22:11

Ah, sorry, I was totally confused, apparently :S

페이지 3/4
1 | 2 | | 4