Teambomba website update

Teambomba website update

by ro on 12-04-2021, 14:19
제목: Websites
언어 설정:

MRC user Marcel Delorme (aka msd), member of NWO and known for his excellent g9klib for the V9990 and re-factory work of Moonblaster wave, moved his website content to TeamBomba.net.

Last year, the NWO website was taken offline by internet provider Ziggo since they have stopped their website services. The NWO website was home to MSD, who had already joined with Teambomba earlier. Both parties took the logical step and consolidated MSD's material with TeamBomba. While the g9klib was already on the Teambomba's website, it was updated to the latest available version (0.7) and the following pages have been added:

  • Moonblaster wave. You can find the latest version here (1.17), including drivers, some wave kits and revision notes.
  • Magic MWM Replayer for the GFX9000.
  • A new version of bmp2g9b has been added which now also supports conversion from 24 bit bmp to 8 bit fixed palette mode (V99x8 screen 8 colors)

relevant link: Visit Team Bomba's web-site for more information

댓글 (22)

By Manel46

Hero (625)

Manel46의 아바타

12-04-2021, 18:55

I have tried the new bmp2g9b, to obtain BD8 type image, 8 bits / pixel, and it works perfectly.
Thank you very much and congratulations!

By msd

Paragon (1456)

msd의 아바타

12-04-2021, 19:30

The old NWO page also contained a lot of Novaxis tools. Still somebody using that? should I also put it back online?

By raymond

Champion (506)

raymond의 아바타

12-04-2021, 19:35

msd wrote:

The old NWO page also contained a lot of Novaxis tools. Still somebody using that? should I also put it back online?

Yes, please. I have a Novaxis interface laying around somewhere...

By raymond

Champion (506)

raymond의 아바타

12-04-2021, 19:36

Trying to download the g9klib_0_7.zip gives a 404 error...

By msd

Paragon (1456)

msd의 아바타

12-04-2021, 19:43

Found it. Fill be fixed soon

By Manel46

Hero (625)

Manel46의 아바타

12-04-2021, 19:43

Disconnect the antivirus. With my Norton I had a warning

By msd

Paragon (1456)

msd의 아바타

12-04-2021, 19:44

Okay I will also put them online

By Manel46

Hero (625)

Manel46의 아바타

12-04-2021, 20:36

By msd

Paragon (1456)

msd의 아바타

12-04-2021, 23:19

raymond wrote:

Trying to download the g9klib_0_7.zip gives a 404 error...

Fixed

By Manel46

Hero (625)

Manel46의 아바타

13-04-2021, 10:07

It seems that the -D (dither) option doesn't work.
The result is the same as without this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-x0zraEdxk5JXqKB_zDfg6ity3r...

By msd

Paragon (1456)

msd의 아바타

13-04-2021, 11:24

Manel46 wrote:

It seems that the -D (dither) option doesn't work.
The result is the same as without this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-x0zraEdxk5JXqKB_zDfg6ity3ryQmGp/view?usp=sharing

It this work, but the dithering is not strong and 256 fixed color will have clear artifacts in color shades. (like in your backgound)

By Randam

Paragon (1220)

Randam의 아바타

13-04-2021, 11:30

When I read the title, at first I hoped that perhaps Bloxx was resurrected...

But good to see the NWO content is now on the website! Very cool.

By Manel46

Hero (625)

Manel46의 아바타

13-04-2021, 12:21

The bmp2msx converter, the drawback it has is that it only works with the standard image dimensions, for screen8. For a 512x424 screen, 4 .SR8 are required. But the dither result is very good.
https://www.msx.org/downloads/merry-christmas-2018-by-mapax-0

By msd

Paragon (1456)

msd의 아바타

13-04-2021, 12:50

Manel46 wrote:

The bmp2msx converter, the drawback it has is that it only works with the standard image dimensions, for screen8. For a 512x424 screen, 4 .SR8 are required. But the dither result is very good.
https://www.msx.org/downloads/merry-christmas-2018-by-mapax-0

My dither method is designed for 24bit ->15 bit (and yuv,yjk mode). For best result in 8 bit fixed palette probably need a different method. But when using on the gfx9000 why not use YUV mode?

By Manel46

Hero (625)

Manel46의 아바타

13-04-2021, 13:18

YUV obtains magnificent images, but it does not work with bitmap sprites, nor for texts, due to its configuration to obtain the 19 thousand colors. The 4 horizontal bytes (pixels).
Of course, it only supports vertical scrolling.

By RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1295)

RobertVroemisse의 아바타

13-04-2021, 13:37

Randam wrote:

When I read the title, at first I hoped that perhaps Bloxx was resurrected...

The chances that Blox gets a reboot is 0,000001% I'm afraid... Sad

By Manel46

Hero (625)

Manel46의 아바타

13-04-2021, 14:51

It's not about making slide shows. My idea is to take advantage of this, to represent 512x424 screens, with tileset and map. And with bitmap sprites.
For this it will be great.
My appreciation to "Team Bomba" for their work on the v9990. This helped us programmers a lot.

By msd

Paragon (1456)

msd의 아바타

13-04-2021, 16:00

Manel46 wrote:

YUV obtains magnificent images, but it does not work with bitmap sprites, nor for texts, due to its configuration to obtain the 19 thousand colors. The 4 horizontal bytes (pixels).
Of course, it only supports vertical scrolling.

On v9990 it still supports horizontal scrolling.

By Manel46

Hero (625)

Manel46의 아바타

13-04-2021, 17:35

You are right. I have checked.

By Randam

Paragon (1220)

Randam의 아바타

13-04-2021, 20:31

RobertVroemisse: sorry to hear that. Know that you had a fan here, but I understand.

By Manuel

Ascended (17786)

Manuel의 아바타

13-04-2021, 20:36

What went wrong with Blox that it won't be finished? Missing Arjan the coder?

By msd

Paragon (1456)

msd의 아바타

13-04-2021, 21:10

Novaxis tools now also back online!