Inspired by his involvement in the crowd-sourced translation of Radarsoft's ZOO, MSX User The Kid has put together an English translation of the MSX adventure Kinderen van de Wind / Les Passagers Du Vent (The Passengers on the Wind).
The game, based on a comic strip by François Bourgeon, was available in Dutch, French & Spanish on MSX, but never got an English release.
The Kid decided to translate it in a bold way: he used the files of the English DOS version and copied them to the MSX version, which seems to work fine.

More information can be found in the Passengers on the Wind forum topic.

Relevant link: Passengers on the Wind online using WebMSX

By ericb59

ericb59's picture

11-02-2017, 06:53

This game have a very good music track. Tongue

By Pippo

Master (178)

Pippo's picture

11-02-2017, 09:08

Thank you very much, The Kid, for the translation.
It seems perfect! Smile

By Randam

Randam's picture

11-02-2017, 10:23

Great and novel way of translating it. Any chance that can be done with other Infogrames games which have no English version yet?

By tfh

tfh's picture

11-02-2017, 12:28

Is there an English version of L'Affaire? On my site I have a Dutch version and on the web I mostly find the Spanish version. Personally: L'Affaire was my favourite Infogrames MSX adventure, so... Smile

If someone has an English version, feel free to contact me so I can add it to my site as well Smile I prefer to have all English versions.

By TheKid

TheKid's picture

11-02-2017, 13:54

@Randam and tfh: I found a DOS version of L'affair and tried the same trick without success.

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (4725)

JohnHassink's picture

11-02-2017, 14:14

ericb59 wrote:

This game have a very good music track. Tongue

Agreed! Here can you find some info about the composer. He did the music for L'Affaire too, but quite a number of other games as well.

By tfh

tfh's picture

11-02-2017, 14:35

L'Affaire has some of the best PSG tracks of that time.
BTW; funny to see how much better the MSX2 version looks compared to the Atari ST version.

By AxelF

AxelF's picture

11-02-2017, 14:49

If only we could find a working DUTCH version of 'De Erfenis', then we have all Infogrammes adventures saved for the future...

By tfh

tfh's picture

11-02-2017, 15:19

AxelF wrote:

According to this link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.msx/nzNdW99ifNA Hans Guijt owns a Dutch copy ;-)
The English version is available on my site: http://www.file-hunter.com/MSX/Inheritance.html

By ericb59

ericb59's picture

11-02-2017, 15:42

AxelF wrote:

It's not an Infogrammes game. This games was originally published by a small french editor called "SPRITES"

By ericb59

ericb59's picture

11-02-2017, 15:44

Passengers of the wind exists also on French Thomson T08 computer and Amstrad CPC.

Passenger of the wind 2 exist on Amstrad CPC , perhaps possible to do a MSX port ?

By AxelF

AxelF's picture

11-02-2017, 15:54

tfh wrote:

YES... I Found The Dutch version of 'De Erfenis', thanks for the help !!!

By Randam

Randam's picture

11-02-2017, 18:31

I do have an English version of l'affaire but for for instance the game murder on the atlantic I only know of a german or french version.

By tfh

tfh's picture

11-02-2017, 20:36

Randam wrote:

Can you make this available somehow?

By rderooy

Expert (115)

rderooy's picture

11-02-2017, 22:20

ericb59 wrote:
AxelF wrote:

Your saying this game called "Interieur" by Sprites is an early version of L'Héritage? Do you have a copy of the game so I can add some screenshots to GenMSX?

By ericb59

ericb59's picture

12-02-2017, 15:35

Quote:

Oups !! Forgot all I said !
I had a bad translation in mind for "De Erfenis" !

Interieur is a complete different adventure game in french.

Sorry for misunderstanding !!

By rderooy

Expert (115)

rderooy's picture

13-02-2017, 00:37

Ok, thanks. I changed it from an Unknown game to an Adventure game on GenMSX. Still would like to have some more detail to add.

By Louthrax

Louthrax's picture

13-02-2017, 19:47

ericb59 wrote:

Interieur is a complete different adventure game in french.
Sorry for misunderstanding !!

Hey, so, well, that game does not seem to have been dumped ?? (Nudge nudge, know what I mean ?)

By mars2000you

mars2000you's picture

13-02-2017, 19:49

No need to dump it, the complete listing was published in Hebdogiciel and the corresponding file is somewhere on the net.

By Louthrax

Louthrax's picture

13-02-2017, 20:08

Ah, thanks Mars, I've found it on the Hebdogiciel site (lots of other interesting old listings here) Smile

By tfh

tfh's picture

18-02-2017, 15:07

Haven't heard from Randam anymore. Anyone else who can help me get my hands on a working .DSK of an English L'Affaire.

By tfh

tfh's picture

19-02-2017, 22:16

Someone was nice enough to supply me with the correct file, so finally an English version of L'Affaire on www.file-hunter.com to play online :) Thanks! :)

My MSX profile