Glass is a cross-platform assembler for the Z80 processor. It’s been a while since the last release, with quite a number of improvements since, so a release was past due!
What’s new in Glass 0.5:
incbindirective is now supported.
- The ternary
?:operator is now supported.
.member operator is now an official operator.
- Sequences can now be indexed with the
- Symbols can now also start with the
- Include now supports the
0Xprefix can now be used for hexadecimal numbers. Thanks to Paul Bosselaar.
- Macro arguments can now specify default values with
- Expressions can now span multiple lines.
orgstatement no longer affects the address of a preceding label (bc).
- Some invalid instructions now throw errors (e.g.
- Contexts are now resolved through macro arguments.
- Instructions and macros can now be passed into macro arguments.
- Section identifiers are now resolved like any other expression.
- Examples for COM, ROM and BIN files are now included in the source code.
- Error messages were improved.
- Java 8 is now required.
Relevant link: Glass project page