mglOCM 0.92 - Megarom Loader for 1Chip MSX

by moonsuncst on 18-08-2013, 22:50
Topic: Software
Tags: TouchkidCST

ToughkidCST has released the first public version of mglOCM, megarom loader for the One Chip MSX has runs Konami SCC, ASCII-8 and ASCII-16 ROMs on a 1chipMSX without the need to change any DIP switches or mapper patches. This is possible because this utility directly uses the hardware mapper controller. A short manual that explains all parameters can be found in this forum topic.

Relevant link: mglOCM 0.92

By KdL

KdL's picture

19-08-2013, 23:06

like+1 Smile

By moonsuncst

Rookie (20)

moonsuncst's picture

19-08-2013, 23:43

Thanks to your firmware, this loader was able to be better than others. Big smile

By overrich

Rookie (22)

overrich's picture

21-08-2013, 12:07

Great JOB!!
It works very good and runs most megagames without bugs

By ericb59

ericb59's picture

21-08-2013, 12:44

is it possible this loader be adapted to work on caro's DE1 version ?

By moonsuncst

Rookie (20)

moonsuncst's picture

21-08-2013, 16:59

You have to upgrade your OCM.
Is there any particular reason why you resistant to change?

By ericb59

ericb59's picture

22-08-2013, 09:55

moonsuncst wrote:

You have to upgrade your OCM.
Is there any particular reason why you resistant to change?

What do you mean ? Use the KDL's code instead of Caro's Code ?
I tried but failed , I don't know how to do that...

By moonsuncst

Rookie (20)

moonsuncst's picture

22-08-2013, 19:41

Is there much of a difference between the original OCM and the caro's DE1 version?
I heard the original OCM supports KDL's firmware updates. isn't it?

By ericb59

ericb59's picture

23-08-2013, 06:56

moonsuncst wrote:

I heard the original OCM supports KDL's firmware updates. isn't it?

Yes, Original OCM Support KDL's firmware.
DE1 Board is not an OCM. If i'm not false, Caro made a port of KDL's Firmware for the DE1 Board, but there are some differences. I don't think there are so much differences at all.
I think mglOCM must works well on a DE1 board, the problem (I think) is the way the loader check if it run on a OCM or not.

By KdL

KdL's picture

25-08-2013, 00:54

I'm sorry but I can't buy also the Altera DE1. oO

By moonsuncst

Rookie (20)

moonsuncst's picture

23-09-2013, 05:36

mglOCM - Megarom Loader for 1Chip MSX - v0.96 update!
by ToughkidCST 2013 09-20

Rom Loader for 1Chip MSX - mglOCM v0.96 released.

What's New

0.96 :

- fixes for some 16KB mirrored rom compatibility issue
- stability improvement for basic rom game

and I've made some miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements.