The One Chip MSX (OCM), first released in 2006, is a Programmable Logic Device (PLD) acting as a true MSX computer. The OCM-PLD pack is all the firmware and software you need to get it up and running. KdL has just released OCM-PLD version 3.3
Here's the change list:
v3.3 [2017.03.12] [KdL's Updates!]
- Updated documentation and DIP-SW User Manual in the [docs\] folder.
- Updated the [msxtools\] folder: use 'eset.com' to add more drive letters and 'ep.com' to mount the disk images.
- New Hex-files 304kB from OCM-SDBIOS Pack v1.9 with MSX3 Final Release and Zemmix Neo logos.
- New IPL-ROM Revision 1.05(K) that it loads fast a 304kB BIOS / 384kB SDBIOS.
- New SDHC support by yuukun-OKEI, thanks to MAX.
- New useful scripts for easy compilation and collection of firmwares.
- Added Brazilian keyboard layout by Fabio Belavenuto, Luis Luca and Emiliano Vaz Fraga.
- Fixed R#0 S5 timing of VDP TH9958 by yuukun: the intro of Dragon Quest 2 MSX2 is ok now, thanks to miyashu.
- Fixed RstEna signal with regression and other minor fixes (RC2_2014.11.20).
- Fixed MainRAM/MegaRAM clear function (RC1_2014.11.16).
- The Nextor kernel will be natively supported by future releases.
- As regards the speed of cpu I inform you that 'custom 8.06 MHz' is the same 10.74 MHz of the original firmware.
All the 'custom speed' frequencies were acquired with a comparison benchmark through blueMSX and openMSX.
- The initial VDP-V9938 core is finally deprecated since the VDP-TH9958 has achieved the same stability.
Some known issues:
- VGMPLAY was fixed by Grauw for a inaccuracy of H-SYNC signal.
- The timings of VDP TH9958 are too fast: the intros of Fray and Space Manbow confirm the issue.
Hint! The most of Microcabin games can run better with the 'runit.com' tool.
- The 'Break' command of ESE-PS2 module do not work during the hard reset or if you unplug the keyboard at warm.
- Sometimes the SD-Card is not detected after a hard reset but you can re-insert it on the fly to solve.
Also EXTRA and SDBIOS packs are updated. The package OCM-PLD is for 1chipMSX and Zemmix Neo.