Recently we reported that the Netherlands' only remaining annual MSX fair in Nijmegen had been announced, and your input was needed about two potential new locations. Today we're pleased to report that a new location for the upcoming fair has been picked and that registration for booths has been opened!

2018's fair will be held on Saturday the 3rd of February. As the fair was again forced to move locations due to local government policy changes, please take note that the fair will this time be held in the sports hall of "Dorpshuis De Lèghe Polder" in Beuningen, a village close to Nijmegen. As usual, doors open for visitors at 10:00 in the morning (though people are welcome to come from 09:00 to help with setting up the room!), and the room should be completely empty again by 18:00. One hour more than previous years!

If you want to register a booth, you can use the registration form on the website to let the organisation know your details and how many tables (just 6 EUR each!) you need. As usual, the form is only meant for booth registration; if you want to sign up for the tradition after-party dinner, or want to sponsor the fair, please contact Manuel via e-mail instead.

Are you already looking forward to attending the fair? Plan to show something cool? Let us know below, and let's get the hype going already!

Relevant link: MSX Fair Nijmegen 2018 booth registration form

Media browser (3)

• Registration opened for MSX Fair Nijmegen 2018
  • Registration opened for MSX Fair Nijmegen 2018
  • Registration opened for MSX Fair Nijmegen 2018

By hamlet

hamlet's picture

01-12-2017, 11:56

I belive it is the right decision. Thank you Manuel for organizing.
Chinese food without a chinese restaurant and a sportshall without sport if I understand correctly.
This will be a great day!
Time ago we talked about doing a games competition. Any proposals?
Mr. Ching and HyperSports? Just to get a Chinese and sports over there?

By raymond

raymond's picture

01-12-2017, 15:18

Hypersports would be a great idea, as the MSX fair is held in a sports hall! Perhaps playing it on a big screen (beamer?).

Good to hear there is a decision for the location. Let's make it a great MSX Fair!

By Louthrax

Louthrax's picture

01-12-2017, 15:32

raymond wrote:

And connecting the MSX joystick port to "Dance Dance Revolution"-like carpets ? We would need 2 of those to organize a competition?

By Louthrax

Louthrax's picture

01-12-2017, 20:13

I'm curious: what does "De Lèghe Polder" mean? I tried "Google translation" but the only answer I'm getting is "The lèghe polder".

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (4979)

JohnHassink's picture

01-12-2017, 20:24

A "polder" is land below sea level which is kept dry artificially:
That "lèghe" could be a different spelling for "lege" which means "empty", but I'm not 100% sure about that.

By FiXato

FiXato's picture

01-12-2017, 20:27

Might also be an old spelling of 'lage', aka 'low'.

01-12-2017, 23:41

I suspect that lèghe is dialect spelling for "lege" (empty), but I could be completely wrong there.

By Louthrax

Louthrax's picture

01-12-2017, 23:45

Let's flood that empty polder with MSX stuff and people Smile

By Samor

Samor's picture

06-12-2017, 05:50

Will there be people selling MSX Gids issues? I only stopped scanning them because I don't have all of them, so I might have to show up to refuel Wink
I'm probably going to lose access to the convenient paper cutter I used last time somewhere in 2018 as well so now would be a good time to act Wink

06-12-2017, 10:09

Usually, MSX-Club West-Friesland has a lot of books and magazines available. You can probably check availability on their website.

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

06-12-2017, 12:58

Also if you remind us shortly before the fair along with which issues you’re missing, I could take a look if I might have some of the missing ones.

By Samor

Samor's picture

06-12-2017, 13:33

Ok,
but in advance: basically I'm looking for every MSX Gids/Software gids that's not on the wiki / archive.org (and no. 9 since it's missing the back cover).

..and if there are other (MSX) magazines that aren't available digitally yet, those too.

I scan using a feeder (it speeds up the process a lot and makes it mostly automated save the odd paper jam) but that does mean I have to cut them.
Put blunty: physical copy gets damaged to make digital one. I think it's worth it, though.

By raymond

raymond's picture

14-12-2017, 19:15

Manuel wrote:

I think it means low (lage)

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (4979)

JohnHassink's picture

14-12-2017, 19:55

It meaning "low" does seem more plausible. Stating that a polder is empty (of water?) seems kind of redundant. Smile

14-12-2017, 21:08

But 'low' would just as be redundant, wouldn't it? Smile

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (4979)

JohnHassink's picture

14-12-2017, 22:22

Come to think of it... yeah. Big smile
Maybe that particular polder was lower, or maybe even emptier than was generally the case?
Lower especially as that region of the country is higher above sea level than the western parts of it.

My MSX profile