Trilo Tracker v0.9.0

Trilo Tracker v0.9.0

by Huey on 07-09-2015, 19:08
Topic: Software
Tags: TriloTracker
Languages:

Trilo Tracker, an SCC/PSG tracker developed by TriloByte has been updated with several new features and bug fixes:

  • Added support for SCC+ Flash FPGS PSG on port #33 (in the configuration under 'F10' button).
  • Added BCy to enable Waveform 16-31 (BBy supports 1-15)
  • Added Delayed note cut effect command (ECy).
  • Added Note link effect command (E50). New note is played without restarting instrument macro.
  • Added Chip-set information in the TMU header for later support in other TT versions (like TTFM).
  • Added INS and DEL keys for the instrument macro editor.
  • Added Performance update on the order sequence update while playing song.
  • Removed copy behavior when no selection is made. Now nothing is placed in clipboard.
  • Fixed UI bug in the instrument editor where instrument got garbage-ed.
  • Fixed PSG Envelope bug. The envelope was re-triggered every isr.
  • Fixed a bug in Axy command. On each A00 the slide timer was reset.
  • Fixed UI bug. Using CTRL+W it was impossible to set waveform higher than 15.
  • Fixed issue where is was impossible to save on a empty disk image.
  • Fixed UI bug. Order display was not always updated (when switching screens).

More information can be found on the TriloTracker Wiki.

Relevant link: TriloTracker V0.9.0

Comments (28)

By Parn

Hero (606)

Parn's picture

08-09-2015, 13:51

This is excellent news. The already top-notch PSG+SCC tracker for MSX gets even closer to perfection. Many kudos and thanks to the TriloByte folks for this great piece of software. Big smile

By alexito

Hero (627)

alexito's picture

08-09-2015, 16:27

I have MODULON(Slot Expander) on Cartridge slot 2 (Yamaha MSX2) and SCC cartridge on expanded slot (2-0) and the software dont see any SCC cartridge connected. that means trilobyte tracker just work fine with SCC cartridge on Primary slot 1 or 2?

Thanks.

By poke-1,170

Paragon (1761)

poke-1,170's picture

08-09-2015, 18:25

Any plans of doing a version for fm-pac + music module ? Would be nice to have something more advanced than moonblaster

By KdL

Paragon (1333)

KdL's picture

08-09-2015, 19:57

Hi. There is a bug on the keyjazz toggle.

By Huey

Prophet (2654)

Huey's picture

08-09-2015, 20:59

KdL wrote:

Hi. There is a bug on the keyjazz toggle.

Hi,
Could you tell please me how to reproduce?

By Huey

Prophet (2654)

Huey's picture

08-09-2015, 21:00

alexito wrote:

I have MODULON(Slot Expander) on Cartridge slot 2 (Yamaha MSX2) and SCC cartridge on expanded slot (2-0) and the software dont see any SCC cartridge connected. that means trilobyte tracker just work fine with SCC cartridge on Primary slot 1 or 2?

Thanks.

It should support subslots. What kind of SCC cartridge do you use?

By KdL

Paragon (1333)

KdL's picture

08-09-2015, 22:50

Huey wrote:
KdL wrote:

Hi. There is a bug on the keyjazz toggle.

Hi,
Could you tell please me how to reproduce?

the issue is on the bg color that it don't changes when you go ON / OFF
(tested with 1chipMSX and blueMSX)

By Huey

Prophet (2654)

Huey's picture

08-09-2015, 23:44

Strange. That isn't changed in the code. I can only test on openMSX for now. and there it still works.
Anyone else experiencing this? (IIRC 1chip doesn't support blink mode)

By alexito

Hero (627)

alexito's picture

09-09-2015, 08:11

Quote:

alexito wrote:

I have MODULON(Slot Expander) on Cartridge slot 2 (Yamaha MSX2) and SCC cartridge on expanded slot (2-0) and the software dont see any SCC cartridge connected. that means trilobyte tracker just work fine with SCC cartridge on Primary slot 1 or 2?

Thanks.

Huey wrote:
It should support subslots. What kind of SCC cartridge do you use?

i have done this:

http://msx.hansotten.com/uploads/msxdocs/sccswitch.pdf

By Grauw

Ascended (9334)

Grauw's picture

09-09-2015, 12:57

Huey wrote:

Strange. That isn't changed in the code. I can only test on openMSX for now. and there it still works.
Anyone else experiencing this? (IIRC 1chip doesn't support blink mode)

It does, but the original firmware has a blink mode bug.

By Huey

Prophet (2654)

Huey's picture

09-09-2015, 12:57

@alexito: Thanks for the info. I'll try to look into it.

By syn

Paragon (1972)

syn's picture

10-09-2015, 01:15

Great news!

By KdL

Paragon (1333)

KdL's picture

10-09-2015, 16:20

Huey wrote:

Strange. That isn't changed in the code. I can only test on openMSX for now. and there it still works.
Anyone else experiencing this? (IIRC 1chip doesn't support blink mode)

I do not think that the blink can be the problem: the other toggles are ok.
The blink of screen0 was fixed from ocm-pld v2.2b by caro.
With the blueMSX there is the same issue.

By KdL

Paragon (1333)

KdL's picture

11-09-2015, 17:01

Also the openMSX has the same issue...

--- tt_0_9.0.dsk ---

By Huey

Prophet (2654)

Huey's picture

11-09-2015, 22:21

@KdL: Thanks for the image. I seem to have misunderstood. Found your bug. Will be fixed in next release.

By KdL

Paragon (1333)

KdL's picture

13-09-2015, 12:07

excellent! Smile

By edoz

Prophet (2300)

edoz's picture

13-09-2015, 20:42

Wow.. i just started this for the first time! very very cool software!

By ren

Paragon (1518)

ren's picture

20-09-2015, 19:10

Amazing piece of software guys... Arguably the most advanced tracker on an 8-bit (and perhaps also 16-bit) platform? (Though I hardly know all of them, but TriloTracker seems to pack so much quality in a single 48K executable.. Relatively speaking (+ considering the platform), it's quite advanced anyway I reckon.. Smile)

Ever thought about a PC (Linux/MacOS/Windows) version? (A totally different beast of course, but who knows..? Smile) (TriloTracker VST(i) perhaps Wink)

By ARTRAG

Enlighted (6443)

ARTRAG's picture

20-09-2015, 20:09

The problem was Scc/fm and psg emulation from scratch

By ren

Paragon (1518)

ren's picture

20-09-2015, 20:12

ARTRAG wrote:

The problem was Scc/fm and psg emulation from scratch

Can't that be taken/copied from existing sources?

By Huey

Prophet (2654)

Huey's picture

22-09-2015, 10:36

ren wrote:

Ever thought about a PC (Linux/MacOS/Windows) version? (A totally different beast of course, but who knows..? Smile) (TriloTracker VST(i) perhaps Wink)

Glad you like it. Wink
TT first started as a PC tool. I intended to used the sources from the emulators. I couldn't get any, useful, support on getting it working so I decided to move to real MSX after a couple of weeks.

By ren

Paragon (1518)

ren's picture

22-09-2015, 13:04

Huey wrote:

Glad you like it. Wink
TT first started as a PC tool. I intended to used the sources from the emulators. I couldn't get any, useful, support on getting it working so I decided to move to real MSX after a couple of weeks.

That's quite an interesting fact, and quite the decision/move you made Smile
You couldn't get useful support you say, you mean they were (somewhat) reluctant to help you out? Evil
(Well, result is MSX got an awesome tool anyway.. Wink)

Any chance, if you feel like it, you are willing to look at the possibility(ies) again (in the future)?
Perhaps a MSX chip VSTi would (could) be very cool. Perhaps you're familiar with or heard of 4klang? I've never worked with it, but what I understand of it, is that it's a VSTi that you can put in 'record' mode, and creates something (for the replayer) based on the MIDI notes you feed it. (So I guess/reckon you can use any DAW with it.) (Which would/could also be (very) cool for MSX music creation of course ;))

Just thinking out loud here..! ;)

Anyway, cheers! (where's that penguin + beer icon..? ;)) (Penguin Adventure? ;))

By Huey

Prophet (2654)

Huey's picture

22-09-2015, 14:22

@Ren: As I was just in the starting phase of my project it was hard to get any help on including the sound emulation. I tried but got a lot of reply like 'it should work' and 'just look at the code' etc. Not very motivating.

Moving now to a PC/MAC based tracker would make TT, as it is now, obsolete. I'd rather finish up what I have now and move on to other projects (games). If anyone else want to make some sort of TT like implementation I will support it fully in the entire proces.

By ren

Paragon (1518)

ren's picture

22-09-2015, 18:54

Huey wrote:

Moving now to a PC/MAC based tracker would make TT, as it is now, obsolete. I'd rather finish up what I have now and move on to other projects (games). If anyone else want to make some sort of TT like implementation I will support it fully in the entire proces.

Ah cool, I certainly understand your reasoning + time/resources are limited of course.. Smile Cool anyway you're pronouncing your support if someone wants to give a project like that a shot.. Wink
With moving on to other projects you're meaning getting back to Core Crisis, MOAM, D.A.R.C.? Cool

By Huey

Prophet (2654)

Huey's picture

23-09-2015, 10:21

ren wrote:

With moving on to other projects you're meaning getting back to Core Crisis, MOAM, D.A.R.C.? Cool

Correct. Wink

By Manuel

Ascended (16951)

Manuel's picture

23-09-2015, 22:38

/me hopes for MOAM (in the end at least).

By syn

Paragon (1972)

syn's picture

24-09-2015, 01:35

ren wrote:

Perhaps a MSX chip VSTi

Vsti exists of psg ym2149 and opll ym2413. A opl3 vst I think as well though I havent checled tbh.

By nitrofurano

Champion (297)

nitrofurano's picture

14-09-2018, 22:31

would be great having .vgm (k053649+ay38910) support, or at least, some converters that would help (perhaps i might help there, i tried to start something about converting k053649+ay38910 .vgm to .mod or .s3m (i think i shared something at vgmrips forum years ago?), but the results are still way unsatisfactory )