MRC user ppeccin has released version 4.0 of his MSX emulator WebMSX. WebMSX, or simply WMSX, is an MSX emulator running online. WMSX is great for displaying MSX software running inside webpages. You can launch the emulator and load ROMs, DSK and CAS images with a single link. With this new release, mobile devices are supported too.
- Support for mobile iOS and Android devices
- Finally enjoy MSX games on your iPhone/iPad!
- Customizable Touch Controls, Virtual Keyboard, with Haptic feedback
- Install as a WebApp on iOS/Android/Desktop, then run offline!
- Open files from local storage, iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, web links
- Higher resolution GUI for high-density displays, Retina displays
- Menu navigation by keys. Easy GUI switches for most used options
- CPU Turbo mode @ 7.16MHz
It requires a modern device to run smoothly. Android itself and Chrome on Android still have some audio issues. So for now, depending on the device, audio may have a noticeable delay. The Audio Buffer can be adjusted on the Quick Options dialog. On other platforms, there are no known issues.
For more information on this project, visit the Project Homepage
relevant link: WebMSX.org