Keyboard membranes by Paulo Maluf

Keyboard membranes by Paulo Maluf

by Meits on 13-07-2017, 00:51
Topic: Hardware

Last year Brazilian hardware creator Paulo Maluf produced new keyboard membrane replacements for several MSX models which are still popular. The plastic foils used in keyboards tend to become fragile with the years. Especially foils are hard to repair and once it happens to you, you're stuck with a couple of unresponsive keys. Now one could go for a Padial ps/2 keyboard interface but there are at least three catches to that.

• It costs a cartridge slot
  • Your keyboard will be a pc keyboard
  • This solution won't work on Panasonic MSX2+ and turbo R computers

Paulo produces high quality membrane replacements for the following computers:

The price per membrane will be about € 30,- per piece. This includes the Paypal fees. Unfortunately international shipping from Brazil is quite costly as it doubles the price if you order just one unit. Therefore it might be cost efficient to order as a group.
As of now production hasn't started since the required amount of pre-orders hasn't been met. If you're in need of a membrane or expect to need one or more in the near future, be sure to contact Paulo and save your computer.

Update
Experienced groupbuyer luppie volunteered to import the membranes to Europe. You can place your pre-order here.

Media browser (2)

• Keyboard membranes by Paulo Maluf
  • Keyboard membranes by Paulo Maluf

By ro

Guardian (3914)

ro's picture

13-07-2017, 08:48

this is great, time to save yer old keyboards. My MtR has been crooked for more than 20 years already, time for replacement. Meits and I life in Fryslan, if more of you peeps wanna order. Let us to one batch together and save costs.

By karloch

Paragon (1961)

karloch's picture

13-07-2017, 17:23

Does somebody want to make a batch order to save on shipping to Europe?

By Sebbeug

Master (151)

Sebbeug's picture

13-07-2017, 19:14

Interested for a batch to Europe Smile

By JACS

Expert (123)

JACS's picture

14-07-2017, 00:03

i want one membrane. How i can buy? from spain

By Meits

Meits's picture

14-07-2017, 00:23

The contact information is in the text.
You can either contact him yourself or join/set up a group to share shipping.

By luppie

luppie's picture

14-07-2017, 20:41

I'm on holiday right now. Will arrange a group buy for Europe when I come back this Wednesday.

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

14-07-2017, 20:43

I’m interested in a FS-A1GT membrane, so I’m unsure who’s organising a group buy for NL (Meits or luppie Big smile), but I’m in for one.

By Meits

Meits's picture

14-07-2017, 20:51

I'm a client to Luppie (now), so he's your man Wink

By JACS

Expert (123)

JACS's picture

14-07-2017, 22:45

One mail address for list of buyers?

By luppie

luppie's picture

14-07-2017, 23:16

Because I got a lot of mails, messages and replies, I have put the order form online.
Please use this form to place your orders:

By ro

Guardian (3914)

ro's picture

18-07-2017, 12:41

nice... I filled in your form.
(yes, Jelle I dunnit myself)

By Meits

Meits's picture

18-07-2017, 14:06

RO! You want two?
luppie, please wipe roman from the form, he's already on your list... Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

By ro

Guardian (3914)

ro's picture

19-07-2017, 10:04

haha, I wasn't sure if ye did. thanx, mate!

By MSX4ever

Expert (123)

MSX4ever's picture

19-07-2017, 10:45

I’m interested in a Sony Hb-F1XV membrane, organising by NL Meits or luppie , but I’m also in for one.

By Meits

Meits's picture

19-07-2017, 12:17

I'm not organizing anything so luppie's your man. If you want one, go to his website and put your name on the list.

By bigjaac

Expert (74)

bigjaac's picture

20-07-2017, 19:53

I have already completed the form

By eskroto

eskroto's picture

14-09-2017, 23:04

Any updates on the membranes?

My MSX profile