Telemach 200 is back

Telemach 200 is back

by PAC on 26-10-2017, 19:57
Topic: Hardware

Source: MSXBLOG (Spanish)

Who doesn't remember those big and indestructible professional joysticks for the old computer and console platforms? There were several versions, one or two players, wood or plastic framework; Telemach even manufactured a full arcade cabinet where users could connect their favourite systems. If you owned one of the Telemach products at that time ,you were the envy of the neighbourhood. Unfortunately their prices meant they were not affordable for most of us.

Today we learned that thanks to the huge effort done by some enthusiasts, the well known Telemach 200 model will be manufactured again. Several specific versions were released in the past, such as one for MSX, Amstrad and Spectrum, NES, MegaDrive and PC. It's expected to launch a retro-compatible version plus a USB one during 2018. The first plastic mould tests were successful.

Relevant link: Telemach 200 (Spanish)

Media browser (5)

• Telemach 200 is back
  • Telemach 200 is back
  • Telemach 200 is back
  • Telemach 200 is back
  • Telemach 200 is back

26-10-2017, 20:47

Never heard of it, really! Perhaps we all used the Suzo joysticks here in the NL?

By PAC

Guardian (4765)

PAC's picture

26-10-2017, 20:56

The manufacturer was Spanish so probably this is the reason. Not sure in which countries they were sold exactly. In Spain were so popular even today.

By santiontanon

Hero (583)

santiontanon's picture

26-10-2017, 23:56

Nice!!! I owned one of these in the Amiga times. Definitively the BEST joystick I ever had!!

By spl

spl's picture

27-10-2017, 13:18

I have one for my computers Smile . Best homecomputer joystick ever Big smile

By SAM

Supporter (1)

SAM's picture

01-11-2017, 13:39

Actually it's pretty easy to build a controller like that with arcade parts. I've done a couple myself for the pc and rewired one of them to a db9 connector to use with my msx. Best controller for shooters.

By PAC

Guardian (4765)

PAC's picture

01-02-2018, 10:54

Already on sale:

Being the first batch, demand is high.

By journey

journey's picture

01-02-2018, 11:32

PAC wrote:

Already on sale:

Being the first batch, demand is high.

I've tried to bought one, but seems that will be shipped only in Spain and Portugal...I lilve in Italy.. ;(

By PAC

Guardian (4765)

PAC's picture

01-02-2018, 13:47

Not sure about that, try to contact them.

By Samor