A-Labs is the name behind a new hardware developer that has just released 3 very interesting devices for our beloved MSX computers coinciding with the 50th Barcelona MSX meeting held yesterday.
USBTOPIA is an interface that lets us to plug USB mouses and thus solve the problem of lack of original mouses and their high prices. On the other hand it also lets us to plug USB keyboards in joystick mode to prevent future malfunction problems of our valuable MSX keyboards. Its features are as follow:
- No external power supply required.
- HID Boot Protocol compliant mouses and keyboards, including wireless keyboards.
- Supported by all MSX models.
- Autofire in keyboard joystick mode.
- No extra software required.
- Bidirectional plug&play. It is possible to change the USB device on the fly and connect it to the MSX joystick port at any time.
BLACKTYPER is an interface and a set of software tools that transforms an MSX computer in a compatible USB keyboard or gamepad allowing us to experiment the MSX feeling in modern devices. We can use it in several platforms:
- Minicomputers like Raspberry Pi.
- Tablets and smartphones.
- Videogame consoles (Playstation, Wii, Xbox).
- Smart TVs.
- Any device supporting external USB keyboards.
- Keyboard&Joystick for emulators.
tupperROM is a new game distribution format of which no much information has been revealed. We know it uses the cassette port for loading, the main advantge is its cost price compared to cartridges.
Relevant link: A-Labs