Xak - The Tower of Gazzel - map update

Xak - The Tower of Gazzel - map update

by wolf_ on 03-05-2012, 12:02
Topic: Media
Tags: Maps, Xak

Last month, Meits' map of Xak - The Tower of Gazzel turned out to be our most popular download. Soon after the release, Meits spent some more efforts in order to make his map even better. Some missing locations have been included, as well as the contents of chests and a general legend of all the items you can find in these chests. This version of the map will be Meits' final offering for this stylish RPG by Micro Cabin.

Our server will probably become glowing red again due all the data traffic, but what must be done must be done!

Relevant link: Xak - The Tower of Gazzel - map

By Meits

Meits's picture

03-05-2012, 16:55

If anyone wants to make a walkthrough with it on his/her own site, please use this map... Just don't make them jpg...

By SkyeWelse

SkyeWelse's picture

04-05-2012, 00:55

Nice Final Map Melts!

Also, if anyone would like to make a walkthrough for Gazzel, this might help as well. Something I wrote a long time ago as I was playing through the first time.

-Thomas

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1767)

Jorito's picture

04-05-2012, 08:12

There are no Youtube "let's play" movies for this? That would be even greater!

By Meits

Meits's picture

04-05-2012, 11:54

I don't dare... Scared to look like a monkey talking the wrong turns Tongue

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1767)

Jorito's picture

04-05-2012, 12:22

Meits wrote:

I don't dare... Scared to look like a monkey talking the wrong turns Tongue

Most of those walkthrough videos are edited so you don't see the wrong turns or boring parts like buying equipment, upgrading or XP grinding.

By Akiguchi

Hero (620)

Akiguchi's picture

15-08-2013, 22:53

I just finished Tower of Gazzel for the first time in my life - it was a truly epic and wonderful experience. Thanks to Meits for the nice map and to Thomas for his great site about the stories of these games. Both helped me a lot when I got stuck.

Now, I'm a little sad that Xak 3 never got released on MSX. Maybe I'll watch the walkthrough on Youtube or read the story from Thomas's site. Was that game even any good at all on PC Engine?

Edit. I see someone has just started walkthrough of Xak 3 on Youtube: Xak III the eternal recurrence

By Meits

Meits's picture

16-08-2013, 06:48

Nice to read... That's exactly why I made the map, so that people can finish the game Smile

By Moniz

Moniz's picture

10-09-2013, 12:08

Good to see that there's a map!
I was busy making a walktrough that has been finished for about 80%, but due to some private thingies I didnt had any time to finish it... will do that as soon as the sun goes down before 7 again and post it here so that anyone can use it with this map!

@Akigushi: Xak3 for PC Engine is a good game (not great, but not bad either) and has been translated to english! there's a good emulator you could use to give it a try yourself (better that watching someone else playing it I guess Tongue )