Not too long ago, we started a poll about Konami platformers. Right from the start, The Treasure of Usas took the lead and kept it for a while. Then The Maze of Galious fought back and kept the leading position for quite a long period. But Wit and Cles picked up the first emoticon from their game and fought back with their magical powers. The result? After 100 votes, we have a draw. The details:

• The Maze of Galious 32%
  • The Treasure of Usas 32%
  • King's Valley 1/2 14%
  • Vampire Killer 13%
  • Contra 6%
  • The Goonies 3%

For us, this is not satisfactory. So, for the first time in MRC history, we'll repeat the essence of a poll. And this time, the Goonies, the muscled soldier, Simon Belmonte, and our own tomb raider won't be joining the party. The new poll is between two couples; Wit and Cles on one side, Aphrodite and Popolon on the other side. Asian temple raiders versus ancient mythology. A nuclear explosion versus a happy ending.

The only things they have in common is the quality which Konami has put in them, the high quality PSG-music, and the page-per-page game design. Those of you who've already voted for The Treasure of Usas or The Maze of Galious could make the same choice (or not?) again, the difference will hopefully come from those who've voted for one of the other four poll options.

Relevant link: Poll results

By ro

Guardian (4153)

ro's picture

11-05-2012, 12:11

MOG for president. period. end of story. live with it. Smile

By benedick

Resident (36)

benedick's picture

11-05-2012, 15:36

Vampire Killer has been always one of my alltime MSX favourites, but it's strange how it fades when comparing to other greats. VK is like a great action movie... MOG is poetry.

11-05-2012, 20:22

ro: exactly.

By Vampier

Vampier's picture

12-05-2012, 22:51

Both game are genius in their own way; I am having a hard time choosing between Usas (masterful music/graphics) and the MoG (one of my all time favorites) Unfortunately I can only vote for one and have chosen MoG since it's the game I played the most even though I had both in original form. MoG is also MSX1 which makes it even more challenging creating a good game.

By cklayman

cklayman's picture

14-05-2012, 02:48

Since Vampire Killer has been excluded I will vote for Usas. I like them both for the atmosphere. When I was a kid they both made me feel like I was transported into the temple / castle. MoG never sustained my interest for longer than a few screens.

By roadfighter

roadfighter's picture

27-05-2012, 23:13

MOG of course, end of story