MRC Bounce Challenge - 2nd entry by Sonic

by snout on 21-07-2004, 07:08
Topic: MRC
Tags: Challenges

We have only just started the MRC Bounce Challenge and already have received two entries: Jone Jumpy by Jonemaan and, as of now, Bounce by Sonic. This turboR-only demo shows a modified screenshot of the MSX Resource Center with a bouncing ball. The demo contains a nice shadow-effect to honour the late Fuzzy Logic. The demo only works in DOS1 mode and uses Team Bomba's BitBuster for compression.

Several persons and groups are already working on new entries for this challenge. Would you like to join in as well? Your entries will be judged by ANMA's André Ligthart and we will reward the best entries, and one or two random entries, with nice prizes. You can send your creations to bounce@msx.org. Good luck!

Relevant link: Bounce by Sonic

By ro

ro's picture

21-07-2004, 08:38

hey, a SHADOW effect? cool, so euh. what's a typical SHADOW fx?

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

21-07-2004, 09:04

Maybe you are, ro? Wink

By [D-Tail]

[D-Tail]'s picture

21-07-2004, 12:52

Well... the demo doesn't run on my A1ST Sad

All I see is some screen 8 crap Sad, Toby, what's happening?! When I press space, it says 'Syntax error in 20' SadSadSad

By Sonic_aka_T

Sonic_aka_T's picture

21-07-2004, 13:05

Hmm.... You running in DOS2? Since I was going for first entry I didn't waste the time on making it DOS2 compatible. BTW, the syntax error is normal; I didn't cleanup the BASIC RAM on exit.

By Sonic_aka_T

Sonic_aka_T's picture

21-07-2004, 13:14

There, happy now Shadow?

By [D-Tail]

[D-Tail]'s picture

21-07-2004, 13:23

Sonic, you, especially of all people, should know that Turbo R equals DOS2 Smile It runs on it by default, but I'll give it a try in DOS1 mode Smile

By [D-Tail]

[D-Tail]'s picture

21-07-2004, 13:23

Oh, and is 256kB RAM enough?

By [D-Tail]

[D-Tail]'s picture

21-07-2004, 13:27

Strange: NLMSX outputs this:

wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/blaatzooi.PNG

By [D-Tail]

[D-Tail]'s picture

21-07-2004, 13:28

eurhm, this:

wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~herkafm/blaatzooi.PNG

By Sonic_aka_T

Sonic_aka_T's picture

21-07-2004, 13:39

Well, considering I made it on NLMSX that kinda comes as a surprise Tongue Smile

So stop running the darn thing in DOS2!!! Tongue And yes, I do know that Turbo-R equals DOS2, which is why I dumped all the files on a DOS1 image and sent it to MRC. I guess I should have mentioned that it should be distributed as a DSK file, not an archive.

So, dump the whole lot on a DOS1 disk image and let your TR/emu rip. Snout tested is on hardware and it's supposed to work. Apparently the ball looks like a smiley tho Tongue Wink And it works on an ST too, indeed... Thanks for wanting to see it tho Smile