MSX Download Charts - January 2007

by snout on 02-02-2007, 12:09
Topic: MRC

It's the second of February already, so lets have a look at which files have been downloaded the most in the past month. Due to the increase of MSX related files (mp3 files, pc tools) in our freeware MSX downloads section we have decided to present you with two monthly download charts from now on: a top 10 of MSX-downloads and a top 5 of related downloads. In January 2007, the following things were downloaded the most on MRC:

MSX downloads Top 10 - January 2007

1. SymbOS MSX (78 downloads)
  2. Quattro (67 downloads)
  3. PCM Encoder (56 downloads)
  4. Protracker (54 downloads)
  5. Rick Dangerous (51 downloads)
  6. Car II (41 downloads)
  7. ROMLOAD (37 downloads)
  8. 666 The Haunted House (36 downloads)
  9. Bet your life (34 downloads)
  10. ROM 1 (34 downloads)

MSX related downloads Top 5 - January 2007

1. Metal Gear 1 (mp3) (162 downloads)
  2. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake introdemo (mp3) (123 downloads)
  3. Kings Valley 2 (mp3) (83 downloads)
  4. Maze of Galious - Castle (mp3) (64 downloads)
  5. Coral 2 (mp3) (41 downloads)

For an Top 25 of overall download statistics please have a look to our statistics page. Currently, our database contains 836 freeware MSX downloads. If you'd like to share your productions with the MSX community, send them to downloads@msx.org. Happy downloading!

Relevant link: MSX downloads database

By tfh

tfh's picture

02-02-2007, 16:40

Hehehe.. Protracker in the chart Smile Nice Smile

02-02-2007, 21:46

the 666 guy is still keeping it up...

By Edwin

Edwin's picture

02-02-2007, 22:49

Not to mention the "related" top 5. Cool

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9767)

wolf_'s picture

02-02-2007, 23:30

*ahum*

and at this very moment MG1 tops the charts already.. FaceRunning Naked in a Field of Flowers

By dvik

dvik's picture

02-02-2007, 23:38

Let me first say I like the songs very much. But I wonder if people downloading it knows that its music and not the actual game. The download page says BGM but I'm not sure all people really know what that is. But on the other hand, if they were expecting the game they'll get something else good instead.

By dvik

dvik's picture

03-02-2007, 01:49

Another thing I was wondering, Are wolf_'s music downloads linked from other websites? I know the PCM encoder is and thats probably why it get unproportional number of downloads (linked from a generic AY-8910 site). 1000+ unique downloads from people visiting this site sounds a bit unlikely. Not that it matters though, they are still unique downloads so I'm absolutely not complaining. Just curious.

By snout

snout's picture

03-02-2007, 02:07

Well.. there are always reasons why some downloads do better than others. I think one of the reasons for "666" getting into the charts very often is easy: it's the first game in the list, alphabetically. Make a great game called "1" and you will have eternal downloads @ MRC ^_^

As for Wolf_'s remakes -- that page is pretty high in google on "metal gear mp3" at the mo. That certainly does help. There are a lot of pages that do fairly well in Google @ mrc though Wink. We're counting unique downloads (ip-based) -- that's about the best we can do.

By dvik

dvik's picture

03-02-2007, 02:19

Yep, I often get MRC links in google when I search for MSX related stuff. Most of the they also give the answers to my questions or get me in the right direction. As I said, I was just qurious.

By ARTRAG

ARTRAG's picture

03-02-2007, 10:40

Hi dvick, have a look here :

and greetings :)

By flyguille

flyguille's picture

14-02-2007, 17:31

WOW, my "Car II" game still fighting in the list!!!!!

I wonders if the ppl can to run that game... because it is soooo "Basic's Free bytes sensitive", IIRC it is only for user with only A: drive and pressing CTRL.