Which MSX has the best design [finale]

by snout on 08-08-2004, 00:10
Topic: MRC
Tags: Polls

Three weeks ago we started a quest for the MSX computer with the best design. After the nominations and four rounds of voting in our active MSX forum this quest is about to come to an end. Only four computers out of 58 nominated MSX computers can win thie prestigious title. For the coming weeks you can cast your votes on the frontpage poll: Which MSX computer has the best design? You can choose between the following MSX Computers:

In our previous poll we wondered at what age our visitors first got an MSX computer. After 155 votes, these are the results:

• 1. 11-15 years old (44.23%)
  • 2. 6-10 years old (38.46%)
  • 3. 0-5 years old (6.41%)
    and 16-20 years old (6.41%)
  • 5. More than 20 years old (3.21%)
  • 6. I never had an MSX (1.28%)

If you want to look at a graphical representation of the poll results you can have a look right here.

Happy voting!

By SeD_NcL

Master (152)

SeD_NcL's picture

08-08-2004, 00:33

By Arom77

Resident (63)

Arom77's picture

08-08-2004, 02:19

3 MSX2+ and 1 Turbo-R in the final round...

PS : WSX rules Wink

By SeD_NcL

Master (152)

SeD_NcL's picture

08-08-2004, 02:24

MSX2+ is one hell of a computer!

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

08-08-2004, 07:14

Why do I have the feeling this poll was actually about the hardware characteristics and not about looks? Wink

By cax

cax's picture

08-08-2004, 12:48

BiFi: agree 100%. As usual, this poll... you know.

By snout

snout's picture

08-08-2004, 13:21

cax - Tongue

BiFi - I don't think so. Our perception of ' modern design' changes throughout the years, so it's likely that the most recent MSX computers look the coolest to us these days. It would be a case of bad design if they didn't Wink

By cax

cax's picture

08-08-2004, 15:55

snout:
IMHO, all the finalists are ugly in comparison to some other models that didn't get to the final voting. Also, I completely disagree with your "our perception" theory.

But anyway, the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so I wish happy voting to all the voters.

By anonymous

2. you don't like modern design

^_^

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

08-08-2004, 16:15

Coz if snout's theory isn't right, the results would be different.

By cax

cax's picture

09-08-2004, 19:13

>1. snout's theory is right
>Coz if snout's theory isn't right, the results would be different.

If you ever studied math, you should know the difference between words "sufficient" and "required".

In other words, the results of voting are not sufficient to prove snout's theory.
There may be many other explanations of why people vote this or another way.
For example, because they understand word "beauty" not only as "looks good" or "easy to use", but also as "has a lot of RAM and CPU power" or even "it sucks, because my friend likes it, and I hate him".

I remind you, that this is just an example of possible scenario, and not a theory that should cover all the voting cases.

>2. you don't like modern design
You are wrong, I do like modern design, but I am also sure that the finalists are not so good examples of such a design, that's why they look ugly for me.

And please, before trying to decide what I like and what I am not, be more precise in definitions - define at least what do you mean by "modern design" and how it differs from... erm... let's call it "not modern design"

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

09-08-2004, 21:11

Why don't you define it Tongue

If it's undefined, I couldn't even decide what you like even if I wanted to Smile

By snout

snout's picture

09-08-2004, 21:48

Cax - you are allowed to choose the less ugliest MSX computer of the 4 MSX computers in the frontpage poll Smile

By cax

cax's picture

10-08-2004, 14:13

snout:
I will choose the less ugliest one if and only if the poll changes it's title from "best of the best" to "best of the worst". Sorry.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

10-08-2004, 21:18

Man, don't take these polls so seriously ^^;