MSX OS-tan go 3d, real life and OCM

by snout on 26-12-2006, 20:21
Topic: MSX Related

Source: Gigamix

In June we reported about the awfully cute MSX-DOS OS-tan, a female mascotte for Microsoft's Disk Operating System for MSX. Mira studio have just published some new 3D-modelled pictures of this OS-tan, which makes her look like a real life action figure. You can find these pictures over here.

But that's not where the Christmas OS-tan action ends, as the MSX OS-tan (whom we reported about here) is going to appear in real life from December 26th to December 28th in the Maid in Angels (MIA) Café in Akihabara, Tokyo. Future real life appearances of the MSX2 OS-Tan (2007), MSX2+ OS-Tan (2007) and turboR OS-Tan (2009) have already been announced.

Last but not least, inspired by the Mechanical Sprites of msX, a drawing competition for the One Chip MSX OS-tan/Mechanical Sprite is currently being held over here. You can have a look at several suggested 'designs' already!

Relevant link: MSX-DOS OS-Tan in 3D
Relevant link: MSX OS-Tan in real life
Relevant link: One Chip MSX OS-Tan competition

By tfh

tfh's picture

26-12-2006, 20:25

That girl is like soooo ugly!!!!

FYI:
[20:22] <snout> TFH! Japanese BOOBS in an MSX dress!
[20:22] <TFH|Fony> Hmmm.. Asian boobs tend to be small..
[20:22] <TFH|Fony> And drawn..
[20:23] <snout> check and.. well... http://market.chu.jp/miaevent/infdata/60-3.jpg
[20:23] <snout> :P
[20:23] <TFH|Fony> That's like really ugly..
[20:23] <snout> it is :P

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

26-12-2006, 22:15

Damn, I feel like I must go… indulge my hidden otaku nature! But Tokyo is so far away, the trip would be a little expensive… Sigh.

By snout

snout's picture

26-12-2006, 22:23

It's a once in a lifetime opportunity... (wonders how TFH would look in that dress)

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

27-12-2006, 05:49

It’s true, damnit!

I could go tomorrow, but… arrh. Probably won’t even be able to find the place, it’d be my first time in Tokyo.

By Hydlide

Master (171)

Hydlide's picture

27-12-2006, 11:41

okay, I'm not into action figures, but: I WANT THIS ONE BAD.. who'll make a real action figure of it :-)

By snout

snout's picture

27-12-2006, 15:11

Grauw: Akihabara is very easy to find... other than that: Google Earth rocks ^_^

By AuroraMSX

Paragon (1901)

AuroraMSX's picture

27-12-2006, 16:47

Woot? You can spot the boobs with google earth? oO

By snout

snout's picture

28-12-2006, 16:53

By dvik

dvik's picture

28-12-2006, 20:37

Darn, I was in Tokyo yesterday but didn't have time to go Sad and I didn't find an OCM either Sad

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

29-12-2006, 12:32

Well, finding Akihabara is the first step, once I find my way in Tokyo (the first time I was in Osaka it took me at least an hour to find a place where I could get a city map Smile), but then I still have to find the place itself… Smile Anyway, too late now. Boohoo, snif snif.

By snout

snout's picture

08-01-2007, 17:48

Ah well, at least there's video... gotta love cosplay ;)