Anit-MSX-Revival counteraction

by BiFi on 25-02-2003, 16:50
Topic: MSX Revival

On January 4 2003 we mentioned the Anti-MSX-Revival manifest against the MSX Association on www.msxall.com.

Today, a counteraction was taken against the Anti-MSX-Revival manifest: "Anti-Anti-MSX-Revival-Manifest-Manifest". The document contains parts of the Manifest which are countered and rationalized.

*** Update

The link to this article was removed, as it was located on a testing server and not intended to bee published yet. (As you can read in the reactions). The MRC apologizes for the inconvencience.

By msxhans

Expert (77)

msxhans's picture

25-02-2003, 19:52

Nothing positive? Just anti-anti-anti-anti

By Latok

msx guru (3671)

Latok's picture

25-02-2003, 20:19

Yeah well, if you're against an anti-movement, you are kinda against it, don't you think? But I kinda agree with you...I don't like the word 'anti' either...

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

25-02-2003, 20:30

I think this is a really badly thought-through action... Sad

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

25-02-2003, 20:48

Something that begun with the first manifest in the first place to be honest.

By BiFi

BiFi's picture

25-02-2003, 20:50

According to any language (even programming languages) a negative negative is a positive (in this case an anti anti).

By mars2000you

mars2000you's picture

25-02-2003, 21:12

I think that many people have a partial reading of the manifest and of the anti-manifest". Both texts present positive and negative sides of the MSX Revival.

If you only see the positive sides, you are optimist.
If you only see the negative sides, you are pessimist. The reality is between these extreme attitudes : In medio virtus !

By konamiman

konamiman's picture

25-02-2003, 22:19

If I must me anti-something, I'm anti-real life. The damn real life that forces me to work eight hours a day if I want to have something to eat, and that therefore does not give me free time for developping new soft for MSX. And it is not that I have not ideas...

By snout

snout's picture

25-02-2003, 23:20

Maybe the article could be named 'Pro MSX-Revival'? Smile

By replay

Rookie (31)

replay's picture

25-02-2003, 23:57

Let´s give time to time, It´s not a moment for making more divisions in our little MSX world... Please, work together!

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

26-02-2003, 00:35

A topic suggestion more active discussion between people with different opinions is started on the forum: http://www.msx.org/^forumtopic811.htmlႇ

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

26-02-2003, 02:46

Er, ok, this is kinda not supposed to be this way. I only wrote this partially and wasn't finished yet, nor have I edited it or 'easened' the tone I used in it. If you have read it you'd notice that on certain parts it definately isn't finished yet. It is also on my own personal server for testing purposes which goes offline if my computer is switched off.

Aside from that I think there might really be a place for a response to the original manifest on www.msx-all.com. However that has been just a thought of mine and as said, it wasn't properly thought over yet, I wasn't even sure whether I'd really put it online.

Anyways, I have replaced the page with a dummy. Please do not link to or bookmark the site as it it my own computer for personal testing purposes.

~Grauw

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

26-02-2003, 02:49

I'd be glad if the msx.org newspost could be edited in some way aswell, with at least the link removed and a little clarification why, or something (so that people don't wonder too much). And er, I'll be back ;p.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

26-02-2003, 03:07

Grauw, that's what I've gathered from what you wrote on #msxdev too. That's also why I was very (unpleasantly) surprised to see it posted here. I hope the MRC team can take measures against posts of unpublic resources without the consent of the original author.

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

26-02-2003, 15:11

It would indeed perhaps be a good idea to establish an internal protocol for newsposts, yeah ;p.

By Bart

Bart's picture

26-02-2003, 17:13

may I quote Guyver:

Instead of further dicussion at the frontpage; please do so in the forums.

By snout

snout's picture

27-02-2003, 00:48

we DO have an internal protocol for newsposts, but it isn't suitable for every situation. We did improve it a little lately though Tongue