OCM-PLD Pack 2.1a

by KdL on 12-03-2008, 11:35
Topic: MSX Revival

Yesterday, KdL released a new firmware package for the 1chipMSX. The release is based on HRA's unofficial release, and fixes the refresh rate for VGA mode to 60Hz. Using this fix, you should be able to play Manbow 2 on your 1chipMSX. The S-Video and composite video signals are unchanged.

Other improvements in this release:

• Improved operation precision of SCC and OPLL models
  • Restored original PSG model.

Relevant link: KdL's website

By spl

spl's picture

12-03-2008, 16:11

Great!!!

By spl

spl's picture

12-03-2008, 19:06

Some notes:

VDP must be fixed: now we have blink on screen 0, but some games now are unplayable. Try Meteore Kiss or Kyokugen. Those games worked perfectly and now have video issues. Also Manbow 2 now has some graphical issues on main menu. Also, I don't know why the Manbow 2 SCC only sounds on 1 of my 2 speakers, when PSG sounds on both speakers.

By AuroraMSX

Paragon (1901)

AuroraMSX's picture

12-03-2008, 21:38

From the history-Vga.txt file in the package

- VGA mode is forced to 60Hz without affecting VdpR#9: sync or other
  problems are possible when PAL mode is selected with this combination.

Looks like those video problems are known issues...

By spl

spl's picture

12-03-2008, 22:51

Well, VDP problems happens with all HRA non-official updates. Hope these VDP problems will be fixed soon. With the original code, I was able to play Meteore Kiss or Kyokugen (both of them Japanese MSX games) perfectly, but without screen 0 blink. I think a bug fix must be the next real 1chipMSX update.

By KdL

KdL's picture

12-03-2008, 23:02

Hi, if exist a Monitor that support 50Hz at 31KHz than this is best solution for Manbow2 & VGA mode.

A part this.. the blink on screen0: I don't have this problem on my 1chipMSX.
Please, post an example to have this problem, or send me email with the games in attachment to:

gnogni74(at)gmail.com

By spl

spl's picture

12-03-2008, 23:18

Check your email Wink

By KdL

KdL's picture

13-03-2008, 02:16

I have just discovered that original screen0 blink problem derived by Quartus II Web Edition 6.x optimizations.
The original VDP.VHD work fine recompiling. Corrections to my PLD files are in progress...

For now, I've sent to you a beta version.

Regards

By KdL

KdL's picture

13-03-2008, 03:16

By spl

spl's picture

13-03-2008, 16:14

KdL, see your email about issues of this beta Smile Yes, I know is a beta, but I want to help you as 1chipMSX user Big smile