Fantasm Soldier Valis BGM for SCMD by Chabinn

by snout on 27-02-2007, 17:25
Topic: Music

Chabinn has released a re-arrangement of a BGM from Fantasm Soldier Valis, an action game series from Telenet Japan that recently caught attention with the announcement of the adult Valis X. The song was created in SCMD and uses SCC, SCCPCM and OPLL. You can download an mp3 and the MML in the Special Music section at 3MHz. Other songs created in SCMD can be found over here.

Relevant link: 3MHz - Special Music section

By pitpan

pitpan's picture

28-02-2007, 12:32

Whooooooooa!

I hardly believe that the sound has been produced using an MSX computer! Anyway, I'd like to know if it is possible to use such driver embedded in an MSX game. Let me rephrase it: does it use a reasonable amount of CPU time and RAM? I don't think so, but haven't fooled with it yet.

By snout

snout's picture

28-02-2007, 18:18

as the player is available on the website... it shouldn't be too hard to get at least an indication of its speed. Still, I remember GuyveR800 optimized the hell out of the Musica replayer (Kinrou 5th) for Guru Logic and would not be surprised if there's quite a bit of optimization possible in this replayer as well.

By Edwin

Edwin's picture

28-02-2007, 19:12

I'm sure the player can be included in a game. But since tunes like these are heavy on the scc pcm samples, I would expect something close to 100% cpu usage. So other than a title screen, I don't think it will play nice with a game.

By snout

snout's picture

28-02-2007, 19:26

Do you base that on rough estimations or on actually running the player on an MSX? Smile

By Edwin

Edwin's picture

28-02-2007, 19:45

Not entirely Tongue But I do have a good idea of what it takes to produce sound like that. It must be a pretty impressive piece of timing already.

By Chabinn

Supporter (8)

Chabinn's picture

02-03-2007, 05:43

It is extremely difficult to execute the game by using the function of scmd full. Especially, SCCPCM. The thing used for the game program at present is not thought by a regrettable thing. However, SCMD is interesting. The sound not defeated at MSX-AUDIO can be made if there is a good idea.

SCCPCM is used for the drums and the guitar in this tune. The balance of SCC and OPLL has been optimized to BlueMSX.

By poke-1,170

poke-1,170's picture

02-03-2007, 16:32

thumbs up on the passing breeze track !

By Chabinn

Supporter (8)

Chabinn's picture

03-03-2007, 17:03

The following schedule the tune that can be performed with Z80 to be made.

By poke-1,170

poke-1,170's picture

04-03-2007, 17:22

now I'm getting curious to hear splash wave and magical soundshower...

please ? Big smile

By Chabinn

Supporter (8)

Chabinn's picture

07-03-2007, 14:08

They are a difficult. I think that it can easily make it if MSX-AUDIO can be used. However, I want to try by using MSX-MUSIC. Please do not expect it. Crying

By Chabinn

Supporter (8)

Chabinn's picture

17-06-2007, 12:54

A little more time is necessary for completing "Splash Wave".
However, another tune was completed.
SEGA Genesis "Sol-Deace Stage4"

If everyone liked it, I am glad. Big smile

17-06-2007, 14:13

Yeah, I like the smooth sound! Smile Cool! Keep it up!

By KdL