Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake 2008

by wolf_ on 28-01-2008, 20:38
Topic: Music

Since recently, our ever growing free downloads database keeps expanding with content from Bart Roijmans. Earlier this month we've added a massive amount of tracks from Bart to our database, and as of today we have added his latest game rearrangement: Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake intro 2008. This game needs no further introduction of course, being one of Konami's most popular MSX games. The music of the intro of this game seems to have a strong attraction to composers, there is this earlier version from Bart, while wolf_ has also released two versions of this song so far. This new version - which is in fact a remake of his earlier version from Arranger Gold - was made with Renoise 1.9 and mostly softsynths. The only hardware synthesizer that was used for this remake was the Roland JV1080.

If you have free material for our downloads section which you wish to share with numerous MSX fans around the world, please send it to downloads@msx.org and we will consider your submission. Each addition to the downloads section will be announced with a newspost, and if your entry does well enough: the download will be mentioned in the monthly downloads top 10.

Relevant link: Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake intro 2008

By [D-Tail]

[D-Tail]'s picture

28-01-2008, 20:59

Whoa, great remake! Cheers!!

By Meits

Meits's picture

31-01-2008, 08:05

Old sod Meits was hoping for another MG2 tune for a change, which doesn't mean this version doesn't rock though...

By Low_Profile

Low_Profile's picture

31-01-2008, 14:21

I'm working on other remakes as well... none of them are MG2 though... this one was 'easy' to do, because I already had a midifile from the previous version Smile anyway, more remakes coming up! Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

By Meits

Meits's picture

31-01-2008, 16:39

Once I get my way with either Reason or Renoise, I'll finally get going as well...
Always been too lazy to start Question

By Jorito

Mr. Ambassadors (1758)

Jorito's picture

31-01-2008, 19:55

Meits: this any better? http://www.jorito.net/files/msxmp3/snake_14085.mp3
I made that song a few years back, I'm tempted to twiddle a bit with it (new instruments and better mixing) and submit it to MRC.

By Meits