MGS music files available for download

MGS music files available for download

by PAC on 29-11-2013, 20:29
Topic: Music
Tags: chipmusic, MGSDRV

Are you ready to increase your MGS files collection with over 200 new game chiptunes? Thanks to the Niconico Douga site, users tahitani and Brezza who shared the original music data, here we have many minutes of pure MSX sound. Make sure that you type the password correctly to start the download process. List is as follows:

Brezza

tahitani

By WORP3

WORP3's picture

01-12-2013, 22:53

Hi Pac,

Thanks for sharing those MGS files.. But what is wrong with those links, I keep gettings errors while hitting the download link ?

By Oscar

Guardian (554)

Oscar's picture

01-12-2013, 23:07

You must to write the password for each zip file before pressing the link button.

By WORP3

WORP3's picture

02-12-2013, 09:26

Indeed, that seems to work, thanks.
Just wondering, why bother with all those passwords (rar's also have passwords on them) ?

Update: The musics are sounding very good, wondering they are converted or made from scratch ? Some are just like in the game (with different kind of instruments off-coarse) Wink

By popolon33

Expert (80)

popolon33's picture

03-12-2013, 08:37

From scratch, that is awesome.
How could you convert a SCC tune to MGS ? manbow for example.

By PAC

Guardian (4522)

PAC's picture

31-12-2017, 19:03

More recent music (MGS files) by tahitani Wink :

Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures
Capcom fighting games

Password is automatic, I mean, no need to write any.

By knm1983

knm1983's picture

01-01-2018, 12:28

Thanks Pac, awesome musics MGS format.

By gdx

gdx's picture

09-01-2018, 14:22

I grouped all these MGS files with many others here. By cons without MGSARC, I could not compare compressed or non-compressed files that look like duplicates.

By Latok

msx guru (3514)

Latok's picture

09-01-2018, 17:46

gdx, what software/drivers do you use to play MGS-files? I use MUPLAY, but somehow a lot of MGS-files won't play.... It needs other drivers, I guess...... Any advice? Thx Smile

And THANKS, awesome collection!!!!!

By Giangiacomo Zaffini 2

Resident (46)

Giangiacomo Zaffini 2's picture

09-01-2018, 19:40

@Latok MUPLAY is just a GUI and a loader/player, MGSDRV is the engine+driver for .MGS files. I guess v.3.13 will suffice but later versions v.3.18, 3.19 and 3.20 use 5.7Mhz high speed Z80 CPU feature.
If MUPLAY is heavy for Your MSX box, then try MGSEL or MultiPlay-X.

By Latok

msx guru (3514)

Latok's picture

09-01-2018, 20:57

I have the 3.20 driver Smile But still, some files won't play, stating they are not MGS-files. But they do have an MGS-extension...Hm, maybe just corrupt files...

By gdx

gdx's picture

10-01-2018, 10:34

I use 3.18 driver because the 3.20 does not work with my Sunrise CF. I tried all musics, these work fine except two that were playable only after a reset.

Version 3.20 is buggy. I tried to contact Gigamix by email but it is out of date.
What is your disk interface?

My MSX profile