Children of the Night a new RPG by Hikaru Games

Children of the Night a new RPG by Hikaru Games

by PAC on 04-11-2017, 18:01
Topic: Software
Tags: Hikaru Games, rpg

Children of the Night is the latest release by Hikaru Games, the team behind Caos Begins which ranked first in the MSXdev'07 contest.

Actually Children of the Night is not a brand new game for MSX, it was first developed for ColecoVision in 2016 and will be released for MSX1 and MSX2 soon, stay tuned! For now enjoy watching the pre-release video!

Relevant link: Hikaru Games on Twitter

By Pippo

Pippo's picture

04-11-2017, 20:08

Very promising and interesting game.
Many thanks to all developers for their efforts and enthusiasm.

By journey

Master (184)

journey's picture

04-11-2017, 20:13

Fantastic! The kind of game that i love!

By wyrdwad

wyrdwad's picture

04-11-2017, 20:19

Oh, man, I remember seeing a trailer for the ColecoVision version last year and being really bummed that it wasn't also on MSX like Caos Begins (which is one of my favorite MSX homebrew games!), so this is really exciting! I will definitely be getting this as soon as it's released.

Between this and Yokai no Atsuki Tatakai, the upcoming homebrew releases for MSX are looking like they're going to keep me busy for quite a while soon!

-Tom

By Grauw

Grauw's picture

04-11-2017, 20:22

Looks so nice!

Will it use screen 4 on MSX2 to benefit from the increased nr. of sprites per line?

By valkyre

valkyre's picture

04-11-2017, 20:34

Awesome news

04-11-2017, 20:52

The video is of the MSX2 version, I presume?

Sounds and looks awesome! Reminded me a bit of Shalom, regarding game play and style.

By fernando.collazo.5682

Master (199)

fernando.collazo.5682's picture

05-11-2017, 02:37

Wow! What can I say? Awesome game, very nice graphics and catchy music!!!!

By wyrdwad

wyrdwad's picture

05-11-2017, 06:13

Oh! There's another new trailer for it on YouTube, and this one specifically labels which scenes were taken from an MSX and which ones were taken from an MSX2 (on the top-left of the screen):

Man, this game looks amazing!

-Tom

05-11-2017, 12:22

And sounds amazing, too! Smile

By msxtrd

Master (182)

msxtrd's picture

05-11-2017, 13:33

Looks really good Smile), will there be 2 versions or msx1/2 ver. will be combined into same cartridge?

By wyrdwad

wyrdwad's picture

06-11-2017, 08:31

Whoa! I'm procrastinating right now, and found myself on the Twitter linked in the original news article -- and if you scroll down a little, there are a BUNCH of videos of another upcoming MSX and Colecovision project called "Multiverse" that also looks really, really good! Looks really far along, too. I'm looking forward to the announcement on that one as well!

-Tom

By journey

Master (184)

journey's picture

06-11-2017, 12:29

wyrdwad wrote:

-Tom

For what i know, MULTIVERSE will be ready for the half of 2018

By Argon

Argon's picture

07-11-2017, 10:39

Damn, I didn't even find the time to play Ghost yet :'(

Great that people keep developing games for my favorite system Smile

By Sander

Ambassador (1820)

Sander's picture

14-11-2017, 01:49

Instant buy

By Francisco Tellez de Meneses

Supporter (14)

Francisco Tellez de Meneses's picture

15-11-2017, 16:20

Looks really really promising!
I hope we can play it on the next RUMSX.

My MSX profile