MSX Info Update 2008 compo results

by NYYRIKKI on 13-08-2008, 11:30
Topic: Software

A few days ago, the Finnish meeting MSX Info Update 2008 took place in Helsinki. Due to the competitions being held, quite a few new products have been released over there!

Music

1. Test.com (PSG) by Yzi / Lieves!Tuore
  2. Say no to cross development (PSG) by Lagers / Kepekset
  3. Aliens (SCC) by dvik & Joyrex

Demo

1. Illusion, by dvik & Joyrex
  2. ATSAAS, by Lieves!Tuore
  3. Britesux, by Britelite
  4. Rebirth, by CCFG
  5. The demo, by Kepekset

In addition, the racing contest was won by Miikka Poikela, while HBP & Weltto created another demo during the party night: Raah.

Pictures of the event, taken by Risto Mäki-Petäys, can be seen here. Videos of the event can be seen here, here and here. An invitation demo from NYYRIKKI can be downloaded here, it requires a turbo R to run.

Relevant link: MSX Info Update 2008

By hap

Paragon (2008)

hap's picture

13-08-2008, 15:04

Nice prods, and welcome back Lieves!Tuore Smile
'Illusion', original concept, for that it'd deserve #1 from me too. The zoom-rotation thing is getting kinda old though, having been used in MSX Unleashed and Utopia too.

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9567)

wolf_'s picture

13-08-2008, 16:23

I liked the Illusion anim.. was it realtime? Or just frames of a small movie with unique tiles per movie frame? Tongue

By Xan0ri

Master (145)

Xan0ri's picture

13-08-2008, 18:48

It was a great party again!!
Thanks to Nyyrikki, ahti, ravel and everyone else.

There's just something weird, Somehow I got the honour of donating the racing competition prize, even though I didn't provide that cool beer bottle. So, whoever gave it, thanks for that belongs to him/her.

BTW, that racing compo was fun!

KEPEKSET! KEPEKSET! ... Tongue

Waiting for next year!!!

-xan0ri/Keltsu

By lagers

Supporter (13)

lagers's picture

13-08-2008, 18:57

Thanks yet again for great party!
KEPEKSET! Wink

By dvik

dvik's picture

13-08-2008, 21:16

Thanks NYYRIKKI, Ahti, Ravel and everyone else for another great party. It was a lot of fun meeting everybody and seeing Lieves!Tuore in action again was quite a surprise !

By MP83

Expert (78)

MP83's picture

14-08-2008, 18:28

Great party. I'll be sure to come again the next year. Smile

By NYYRIKKI

NYYRIKKI's picture

15-08-2008, 00:19

Big thanks to all of you, who participated!

I think this year party was a great success and expetially demo compo was something I didn't expect to catch this much entrys with this good quality.

dvik: I think I have to thank you for Lieves!Tuore comeback. I think the most important thing was that they did know that they have a team against them that can make demo that can really compete in quality. Last year they saw that you guys can make demos and this is what happened.

Kepekset: Sorry that I did not thread you well on the party place. I feel bad now... I hope you'll come up with a new, maybe better entry next year. Tongue

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9567)

wolf_'s picture

15-08-2008, 00:47

NYY: perhaps I missed something, but that full-screen red scroll, stretching/rotating, is that one available as well somewhere? (not referring to the small one in the invitation demo)

By Arjan

Arjan's picture

15-08-2008, 10:32

I spotted a nice demo created by Lievs!Tuore on youtube, called Atsaas

By Huey

Huey's picture

15-08-2008, 10:41

So that multiplayer racing game from Dvik and Joyrex isn't available for download Sad Sad Question

By NYYRIKKI

NYYRIKKI's picture

15-08-2008, 20:05

wolf_: Nice, that you spotted that, but why on earth someone would like to download outdated text scroller???!!! Question Well... weird are the MSX users.... here you go...

Huey: No, that game is not available for download. It was meant only for party visitors to play, rest of you need to wait untill the game is finished and polished. Even at this state I can promise it will be worth the wait. dvik & Joyrex have done astonishing work with the physics engine and artificial intelligence of computer drivers.

My MSX profile