Muffie Conversions - Tutankham new Release

by muffie on 12-12-2008, 15:06
Topic: Software

Active Brazilian developer Muffie, who has recently released conversions of Tutankham (Coleco Vision), Montezuma's Revenge (Coleco Vision), Jungle Hunt (Coleco Vision), Pepper II (Coleco Vision), The Three Dragon Story (Sega Master System) and Mikie (Sega SG-1000), has released a revised version of his first conversion Tutankham. New in this version:

• 100% new music, composed by SMSPower-composer Jacko
  • A new title screen, inspired by the first Konami games which were showing all options available to the player. This new screen features original graphics (used in other parts of the game) and Konami's MSX font.
  • Scrolling "konami" logo at the beginning
  • No more alien non-retro additions added to the ROM like: scrolling Gillian and/or Muffie's copyright messages. To see these messages, boot the ROM pressing the [1]-key.

Possible bugs aside, this ROM is intended to be the final version, upon which cartridges can be made. Before focusing on new releases, Muffie has announced to finish other ROMs using the same principles: removing copyright messages and (if needed) adding only retro add-ons.

Finally, as this conversion was never released before, Muffie also requests anyone interested in producing and selling the cartridge in Europe to contact him or Marcelo Tini through the following e-mail addresses: muffie@lavabit.com and mtini@bol.com.br .

Relevant link: MSX História

By muffie

muffie's picture

12-12-2008, 19:50

"No more alien non-retro additions added to the ROM like: scrolling Gillian and/or Muffie's copyright messages. To see these messages, boot the ROM pressing the [1]-key"

Actually: "To see messages about the conversion, that are not shown otherwise, boot the rom pressing the [1]-key"

Let me know what you guys think about the add-ons.

12-12-2008, 21:26

Great that you try to keep it as genuine/original as possible! I really appreciate that. It's cool to have it as if Konami actually released it for MSX.
Keep them coming!!

By ARTRAG

ARTRAG's picture

12-12-2008, 22:18

great additions!
I love the music in the opening screen!

By Imanok

Imanok's picture

13-12-2008, 12:44

I agree with that... forget about ugly logos, digitized screens and that kind of stuff... just do it the way Konami would have done it at that time. Good job! Wink

By muffie

muffie's picture

15-12-2008, 11:56

Thanks... I was always against those ugly digitized screens too...

Related to the other games not made by Konami, anyone has an idea about what could be included at the beginning?

For Montezuma I'll remove the MSX BY MUFFIE from the screen and I was considering including something else. If Montezuma was to be launched to MSX which company would probably do that? Is there another release of this company that I could take some ideas?

And what about Jungle Hunt? Pepper II?

*PS* I have uploaded a new version of Tutankham to MSX Historia fixing the title song loop (Thanks to BifiMSX).

By only_69

Hero (565)

only_69's picture

16-12-2008, 10:54

Montezuma -> PArker Brothers

By spl

spl's picture

21-12-2008, 22:11

I've used several rom loaders and game always hangs after Game Over...

By hbarcellos

Hero (561)

hbarcellos's picture

19-03-2014, 14:41

Finally released in cartridge.