Prisoner of War - Coming soon

Prisoner of War - Coming soon

by PAC on 12-06-2018, 02:07
Topic: Software

Francisco Téllez de Meneses, Ghost and Minimagos developer, is currently working on a new production called Prisoner of War. As the title suggests, we have been captured and our mission is to escape from a military base by all means.

Prisoner of War includes some features that remind us of Metal Gear gameplay such as a story, dialogues, 220 screens distributed over 15 areas with different enemies, personalities and vision ability, 4 final bosses, item inventory, save states, different endings and PSG soundtrack... what more could we ask for a MSX1 game?

The game will be released in cartridge format during next Barcelona MSX meeting expected on December 2018. Stay tuned!

Relevant link: Forum thread

Media browser (4)

• Prisoner of War - Coming soon
  • Prisoner of War - Coming soon
  • Prisoner of War - Coming soon
  • Prisoner of War - Coming soon

By valkyre

valkyre's picture

12-06-2018, 08:10

Sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing this.

By Pencioner

12-06-2018, 14:56

FRAN=QUALITY !

By Pippo

Pippo's picture

12-06-2018, 15:15

Very, very promising!
I love this kind of games!

By karloch

Paragon (1988)

karloch's picture

12-06-2018, 23:13

Good, colorful graphics even on MSX 1 Smile

By ren

ren's picture

13-06-2018, 12:37

Nice. So who's the composer, or composers maybe? (A soundtrack done by multiple composers isn't common I believe in the indie (MSX) scene (or outside of that for that matter) but could be interesting.. Wink)

-edit: btw (nitpick mode): I notice you use !?, but that seems a bit odd to me. ?! is more common, and IMO more correct here, as it's a question principally, intermixed with an amount of astonishment. Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

By Francisco Tellez de Meneses

Resident (49)

Francisco Tellez de Meneses's picture

13-06-2018, 20:48

ren wrote:

Nice. So who's the composer, or composers maybe?

Still running some tests. I will announce it when we have some music done and working.

ren wrote:

Oh, thanks for the tip! ;-)

By FiXato

FiXato's picture

14-06-2018, 13:20

ren wrote:

It is a debated topic, but I agree with you. :P
Alternatively, use the interrobang character (‽) :P

By santiontanon

Hero (555)

santiontanon's picture

15-06-2018, 06:36

Wow, 220 screens on an MSX1 game, that is huge!!! Looking really good!!!

By Mafcase

Master (218)

Mafcase's picture

15-06-2018, 15:51

Looks very nice indeed!

I hope there will be a video online soon!

By Randam

Randam's picture

15-06-2018, 20:10

Santiontanon: 220 is just a bit less than the game of your avatar (I believe somewhere around 245); so it is indeed huge for an MSX1 game!!
Looks really nice. Instant buy!

By wyrdwad

Hero (619)

wyrdwad's picture

16-06-2018, 08:09

I'll +1 the comment on ?! over !? -- where I work, !? is marked as incorrect and ALWAYS changed to ?!. So definitely go with ?! if you can!

Also, I am 100% buying this on day one. Fran, your games are wonderful. I wholeheartedly trust that anything you make, I'm going to enjoy!

-Tom